hyperthyroidism - has anyone else had this?

Shri

Reaction score
I've just been diagnosed with this - an overactive thyroid. I'm scared and confused. I'm to start taking some medication and will see an endocrinologist soon as well. Has anyone else got any experience of this? I need anything to help me stay sane!:cry:

Have a look here: https://www.endocrineweb.com/pregnancy.html

This too@ https://www.dundee.ac.uk/medther/tayendoweb/images/hyperthyroid_pregnancy.htm

A google should help!

I've just been diagnosed with this - an overactive thyroid. I'm scared and confused. I'm to start taking some medication and will see an endocrinologist soon as well. Has anyone else got any experience of this? I need anything to help me stay sane!:cry:

Me, me, me, me. I posted quite a few months ago looking for someone, anyone else but everyone else was/is hypo.
Is yours pregnancy induced? I was diagnosed a month before I got pregnant although symptoms had been there for a couple of months. Was told not to get pregnant but hey ho, it's not easy to remember to take your pill when you've got all that shit goin on.

How are you in general. I was really ill before I started treatment, weight was only 45kg and was off work nearly 2 months. Whatever you want to know I'll try my best to help you out. People don't realise how severe it can be.

Supernurse I have sent you a PM

Mine is borderline underactive and I've been on medication for it since the beginning of my pregnancy with my daughter. I was diagnosed when I thought I had a second miscarriage. Good doctor I have to look into this!

It's amazing how much the thyroid gland is in many processes of your body.

I am not too familiar with hyperthyroidism, but keep up with your blood testing for your levels and don't forget that medication every day. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->