Hypnobirthing question *UPDATED*

quaizer

Mom of 3 NTNP
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

For those of you who have had a hypnobirth, is it possible to have the experience just from reading the book and listening to the cd's?

We have a ton of info on hypnobirthing, we bought the book and the cd's, but we are really stretched budget-wise and dont think we would be able to manage to fund the actual course.

Has anyone had a positive experience without the course?

Thank you :flower:

Hi

my sister was only able to do it with the CDs, courses were too far/expensive. She did natal hypnotherapy. I also know some ladies living in out of the way bits of Australia and obviously there were no courses anywhere near them so they had to use the book and CDs, although there are lower success rates with just those it is still a big improvement on current c-section and intervention rates.

Soph x

I haven't had my hypnobirth yet, but you may wish to contact the person who offers the class. I was able to arrange a deal with my instructor - I babysat for her kids for 5 afternoons, and got $150 or something taken off of the course!

Many people are willing to trade-work, so it might be worth looking into.

Good luck!

I don't know the success rates for hypnobirthing, but for Natal Hypnotherapy the most recent stats show (as an example) the caesarean rate for those attending classes was 9%, for those just using the CDs it was 15% and both these sit against a national average of around 24%. So the CDs can be really effective. Maybe not quite as effective as the courses, but they clearly have a big impact.

The thing that makes a big difference is how much you practice it. If you practice it daily in the last month or two then it will be really well entrenched and should be pretty effective regardless of how you came to use the techniques. I attended classes and used the CDs but only practised 2-3 times a week and although it made a massive difference (I had a 27 hour labour with no drugs) I did really struggle towards the end. I know others who have practised more seem to have held it together a bit better.

Good luck!

Gina.

Thank you for your comments ladies, very helpful! :flower: xxx

Well, I had a chat with my local instructor and she offered a 20% discount and payment by installments, which is brilliant!

Im so glad I asked and we start our course on 4th September! I cant wait now :)

Hi

I've got the cd's and can't really justify paying for the course (plus hubby's not a confident type to do things in front of a group of people iykwim) but there is a free nhs course we can go on which is run by a natal hypnotherapist so I plan on asking her for any tips she can offer while we're there.

I've been doing the pregnancy relaxation cd once a week but should do it more really and plan on doing the birth preparation cd at least 4 times a week from 30 weeks then every day for the last 3 weeks in the hope it works.

xx

I'm glad that you were able to work out a deal - it's the only way I could do the class, and the class has been really helpful (at least in dealing with the pregnancy aspects, I haven't delivered yet!).

I'm glad that you were able to work out a deal - it's the only way I could do the class, and the class has been really helpful (at least in dealing with the pregnancy aspects, I haven't delivered yet!).

Oooooooooooooh I shall be looking for an update when you have your baby! Good luck xx:flower:

I will - hopefully any day now. I've lost my mucus plug and have accupuncture and a sweep booked for today - I'm so excited to meet our little girl!

I hope everything goes quickly and smoothly for you and hopefully your little lady wont keep you waiting too much longer. Im looking forward to your news! :happydance: xx

i personally wouldnt bother without the classes they were the best bit!

Well, we had our little girl on Monday - unmedicated, with only 25 minutes of pushing/breathing down and with no stitches or tears! Our hypnobirth story can be found here.

Let me just say that hypnobirthing was the best thing I did during this pregnancy, both for myself and for the baby - she is so wonderful, calm and sweet!

I don't have a choice as there aren't any classes here, I have a natal hypnotherapy cd and I know a couple of people who have had great experiences with it so fingers crossed.

Glad you got a deal on your course!

Well, we had our little girl on Monday - unmedicated, with only 25 minutes of pushing/breathing down and with no stitches or tears! Our hypnobirth story can be found here.

Let me just say that hypnobirthing was the best thing I did during this pregnancy, both for myself and for the baby - she is so wonderful, calm and sweet!

Congratulations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->