Hypnobirthing?

runnergrl

Mom to 2 boys and 1 angel
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of this or used this method of child birth? I have been doing some research and it seems as though you can relax yourself with certian techniques and allow yourself to have a less painful, faster and often times drug free delivery..

opinions??

I think it sounds good but almost too good to be true. I'm sure self-hypnosis can help you relax and ease the pain to some extend but somehow I find it hard to believe that it'll make that much of a difference, given the amount of pain you're likely to be in. I'd also be very interested to hear from anyone who has tried this though!

I'm doing this next time, i know quite a few people who used it and really rate it. Its not like its going to be a miricle cure but it kinda explains what each phase means etc which i think really would help. :)

I think it sounds interesting, hypnosis can be a powerful thing and for some women it may be the perfect option..

However.. I would rather take it as it comes to be honest, I'm a wimp and will probably be begging for drugs :rofl:

To me a good birth is when there is a healthy happy baby at the end of it, however which way they enter the world

In the baby club section of the forum in the ask a mom thread which is a sticky thread there was one about hypno birthing and lots of mums were talking about it, ones who has used it. Take a look.

It sounds interesting. I wont be using it for my next birth as my last was awesome. I laboured at home and arrived at the hospital in time to push baby out, i didnt need pain control it was amazing. I will be having a home birth next time.

Go for it. It sounds like an amazing thing to do.

I'm planning a home hypnobirth. I've read amazing things about it, and if it's half as good as people say, it'll be worth it!

Yea i'm planning a home birth next time, i want it really in water not the shit 'bath' they called a water birth in hospital

Hmm interesting, I want to have my baby at home too... hopefully. but I'm pretty much a huge pansie so we will just have to wait and see:)

Hmm interesting, I want to have my baby at home too... hopefully. but I'm pretty much a huge pansie so we will just have to wait and see:)

I'm a wimp too, that's why I want a homebirth! I have read that there's less pain at home because we're more relaxed and not fighting our natural mammalian instincts to be somewhere safe and private.

sounds very interesting,i've been reading up on waterbirths,feel like this is really what i would want.although i would prefer to be in hospital,i think i would be to nervous to labour at home.that being said i did 90% of my last labour at home before going to hospital:wacko:i only used gas & air and with my first i had a pethidine and gas & air.i think every birth is different and hopefully we'll all get the ones that we want...when the time comes:happydance:

have been reading about this a lot and it sounds great.
check out the videos on You Tube, the women look sooo relaxed!

I had planned on having a water birth and as I had said i did all my labouring at home, i was in the shower hated it. DH ran me a bath and I could not stand it, i had to get out the water did my head in for some reason, not sure why! Hypnobirthing does look interesting might give it another look up and see.

I'm definitely planning a home-hypno-waterbirth for my first. Got the hypno book before we lost Rubes and it makes so much sense - shows you exactly how the muscles of the uterus work and why we feel what we feel. And why we feel pain when it should be just pressure - because we're told that childbirth is agony so we tense up, hence the pain.

Although I can imagine a back-to-back labour being agony with or without hypno :wacko:

My last babe was a homebirth and due to her positioning we had a long labour. I plan to use Hypnobirthing this time round as it seems to have some great results when used properly.
I think the name makes people think it's a bit airy fairy but it's really about giving yourself a coping strategy imo. I am involved in a midwifery forum and I've seen posts from midwives saying that it really works when used well.
If you fancy seeing it in action there's a home water birth diary video using hypnobirthing here which is lovely.

https://www.mybirth.tv/video-diary.cfm?id=13

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->