Hypnobirthing

missangie

Mama of TWO!
Reaction score
Hi all!

Labor is a long ways away for me however I have always been interested in hypnobirthing and am wondering if anyone knows of any good books I can read?

Also, did anyone here plan on doing hypnobirthing and it didnt go as planned?

Or, did you have a positive hypnobirthing experience?

Hi

I did Natal Hypnotherapy with my DD2's homebirth and it was THE most amazing experience of my life. I can't rate natal hypnotherapy highly enough, it was just fantastic throughout pregnancy, labour and delivery.

You can read my birth story in my sig at the bottom to see how it worked for me during labour/delivery.

I bought 3 cds - the pregnancy relaxation, birth preparation and birth music ones. I listened to the pregnancy relaxation ones as much as possible (but at least 3-4 times a week until 30 weeks then I switched to the birth preparation one which I also listened to 3-4 times a week until 36 weeks then I listened to it every night from then on. Whilst listening to the tracks I also had some lavender oil to inhale which I also used during labour and delivery.

I didn't have a book and I don't actually know if there are any natal hypnotherapy books, but I can say the cds were absolutely fantastic and worked brilliantly on their own for me (and also for my friend who copied them off me and used them during her very difficult labour and eventual emergency c-section).

HTH :flower: and good luck!

xx

I've been reading Marie Mongan's Hypnobirthing book--it also includes a CD.

thank you ladies! Did either of you (or anyone else) take a class? There are a few 5 week courses that I have found and am considering.

Thank you again!

I didn't take a class in hypnobirthing, only because I was already taking a Bradley Method class. Had I not done that class, I would've done the hypnobirthing class for sure. Now I'm just spending time reading as much as I can to boost my confidence--hopefully, I'll have a nice bag of tricks to pull from during labor!

I also have the Marie Mongan book and CD. I find it inspiring and wish I had gotten on to it in my previous two births. I hear the courses are awesome but with shift work and two toddlers it was never going to happen so the book has had to suffice

I just read your birth story Greta - it's amazing and very inspiring! I've ordered myself the natal hypnotherapy CD and am really hoping it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->