Hypnobirthing

There are different versions of it. You can either DIY by buying a book & CD which basically talks you through labour through relaxing music which you start listening to a month or so before your due date, so that when you go into labour you can play the CD and you should be able to control the pain easier. Or you can go to hypnotbirthing groups where a midwife will go through birthing scenarios with you.

Thank you, going to look in to it as I don't want pain relief this time round :)

Good for u! I'm going to try my best too this time, 2nd time round is suppose to be much easier x

Hypnobirthing was very helpful for me! I didn't use everything in the book (the Marie Mongan one), just cherry picked what resonated with me. I especially liked the affirmations, visualisations and the breathing techniques. :)

I just registered for a class starting in January and started reading the book. I was excited before but now that I am reading about it even more, I am very much looking forward to learning more about this

I loved my hypnobirthing classes :) I got an awful lot from them and love the breathing techniques a great deal.

Ive never been able to swallow tablets so always had to breathe through the pains, even with bad kidney infections, miscarriage etc. So i think hypnobirth is something i really want to look into...(obv they dont compare) going to read the books and if i still like it book into the classes :)

This was awesome for me 9 years ago. Saved me from a c section helped me be able to endure the pain of having my baby turned by the midwife. He was facing the wrong way.

Hi

I did Natal Hypnotherapy with my DD2 and can't rate it highly enough - it was amazing! :thumbup:

I listened to the pregnancy relaxation cd from 16 weeks until 30 weeks, then I moved onto the birth preparation cd. I listened to them roughly 3-4 times a week until week 37, when I then listened to the birth prep cd every day.

Hubby and I didn't go to any classes as there weren't any in our area and he only listened to the birth prep cd once. We also didn't read any books on it, but it was the right thing for us. I knew what I wanted and what I was doing, he respected and supported me completely during labour and delivery and it worked brilliantly for us :happydance:

You can read my birth story in my sig at the bottom to see how my labour and delivery went (amazingly! :happydance: :cloud9: ) if you're interested.

I don't know much at all about Hypnobirthing, but I know they are different in some ways.

HTH :flower:

xx

I'm in the end of my home study with HypnoBabies and I just love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->