Hypoglycemia if I don't eat every 2 hours? :(

holdthemayo

Reaction score
Have any of you had this? I get shakey and sick if I don't eat every 2 hours. I don't have GD, but my glucose tolerance test showed my sugar went down to 2.9 two hours after I had the drink. My Dr says it's just the baby sucking up all my sugars, but that sounds crazy. I didn't have this with my last pregnancy. So frustrated. These lows sometimes come out of nowhere and leave me exhausted, anxious and sick. Anyone have any insight?

That's sounds horrible! Poor you! I have type 1 so know how horrid hypos are. I would go back to the doctors and tell them you are really struggling with this and maybe ask for a few more tests. How far along are you?

For the mean time either always have lucozade sport and take sips every tens minutes also as this will help to keep the blood sugars up without having to eat constantly! Also maybe try glucotabs they do not taste nice at all but are a quick fix and will enable you to feel less sick and tired so often.

Sorry I'm not more help as to what may be causing it x

Same with me. It started at 20 weeks pregnant! Never had an issue with low blood sugar in my life, could go hours with feeling fine. Now I can't go 2 hours it ill be sick, shaky, nauseous, dizzy, faint, vomiting even. Took my glucose test and it was still super low!!! Doctor said its normal and just eat frequently. I carry a bannana in my purse alllll the time. It's a life saver. Eat a big bowl of oatmeal and bannanas and that will sustain you longer!

I'm sorry you're having low sugars. Have you been given a blood sugar monitor to check your sugar levels? Going hypo can be very dangerous (my son has reoccurring hypoglycaemia). I hope things improve for you soon x

I start to feel weird if I don't eat often, I thought it triggered my morning sickness (nausea). It would make sense that baby is taking up all your sugars.

Have you tried drinking fruit juice inbetween meals? Cxx

I'm glad I have found this thread. Since falling pregnant I have started to eat breakfast and 3 hours after I have eaten it I go really shaky, dizzy and feel very unsteady. I tend to take my BP because I though it might have been related to that but its usually fine (on the higher side of fine) but my heart rate is always 110bpm+

I'm now wondering if It could be something similar to what you have?!

I'm 30 weeks now. This started at maybe 18 weeks. My dr thought I was having panic attacks. When she saw the test, she told me to just keep eating. I am, but it's a major pain in the ass to NEED food every hour. Its just gotten worse now that I'm in my 3rd trimester. I'm really afraid that it won't go away once I give birth.

I gained 35 lbs my last pregnancy. Everything was normal. I'm already over that this time and have 2 months to go. There is no way to control this hunger. I try having small protein rich snacks. These keep me satisfied for half an hour. A full meal gives me an hour and a half to two hours.

It's not normal hunger that you can ignore. It's like I'm literally starving.

It WILL go away after pregnancy as it did with me! Thank God...Your baby just takes in more of your sugars while pregnant thats why this is happening too u. Have you tried a bowl of oatmeal and a bananna. I swear this helped me a TON!!! I never had dips in low blood sugar as much if I ate this once a day. Try it and see

I have this too. Although I have never been diagnosed. I just replied to someone about this in another thread lol. I've had it for as long as I can remember but it's gotten much worse during this pregnancy and I didn't have any issues with this with my first. I've just tried to eat things that digest slowly, avoid breads and starchy stuff because that just gets converted to sugar and burned really fast anyway. Peanut butter and a banana is a good snack. They have those little single serving pouches of peanut butter at the store that make it easy to just toss in your purse and take with you.

You can also try healthy fats that help keep you full, like avocados or coconut butter. Sometimes I'll make smoothies the night before with frozen strawberries, banana, spinach or zucchini, and coconut water. Then freeze and take one with you to work. It thaws out enough within a couple hours to eat with a spoon or straw. I know it's annoying. :( Hang in there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->