Hypoglycemia (sp) Miscarriage?? Any Relation?

RaisingMiniMe

A TINY BIT PREGNANT
Reaction score
Hey girls! Just wondering my doc is really concerned about my low glucose levels that showed up in some tests. I have had 3 + miscarriages so this is all theses "why are these happening" "why can't she get pregnant again" tests (BTW first time for me for all theses kinds of test)

So has anyone had this problem? Could they be related some how? I know reading about it all I have seen is High Blood Sugar being a problem. I still haven't gotten AF this month so I am wondering if maybe I will get a BFP! But comes with fear that I will lose another.

Anywho, I am wondering if anyone's seen a relation in hypoglycemia and mc.

Hi! I have never heard that, only that hyper is bad because in early pregnancy the baby doesn't have its own pancreas therefor does not produce its own insulin and depends on yours to help them regulate your blood (aka their blood) and too much sugar in the blood can cause developmental issues.

but having said that, they do share your blood so perhaps making an appointment with a reproductive endocrinologist (or call and see if they think you need an appointment. They may be able to help you over the phone who knows!) would help ease your mind.

Good luck dear! and congrats on your BFP! ♥

Hi! I have never heard that, only that hyper is bad because in early pregnancy the baby doesn't have its own pancreas therefor does not produce its own insulin and depends on yours to help them regulate your blood (aka their blood) and too much sugar in the blood can cause developmental issues.

but having said that, they do share your blood so perhaps making an appointment with a reproductive endocrinologist (or call and see if they think you need an appointment. They may be able to help you over the phone who knows!) would help ease your mind.

Good luck dear! and congrats on your BFP!

Thank you! Yes I am 5 w 4 day (supposed to be around 6 something weeks) I hope this pregnancy sticks and develops. Thank you for responding. The nutritionist I met with said my body "discharges" my pregnancy when my body can't "feed" its self with sugars.

I would propose you to visit doctor again and ask for Metformin or insulin. It depends on which type of diabetes is in question. Your miscarriages may be caused by it. Please visit the doctor and keep your blood sugar levels normal. Good luck in pregnancy and congratulations!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->