Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm Angela.

Me....41 years old

TTC for first time.

Considered overweight

I have hypothyroidism.

I also have plaque psoriasis

Both auto-imune diseases

I have 25 day cycles. They are regular and always 25 days.

Home ovulation tests comfirm LH surge every month. BBT levels increase about 1 day after ovulation.

Ovualtion days vary by 1-3 days each month.

This affects my luteal phase. Some are 10-11 days. Some are 12-13 days.

My FHS levels are 11.7

I will get my TSH levels between 1-2. It was 5.97 three weeks ago.
I'm on levothyroxine 50 mg. I'm being rechecked in about 5 weeks. I just had a T4 and antibody test done. Should have results in a few days.

I understand that my Luteal phase length is not always ideal.

We have been TTC for 8 months.

I would appreciate any advice or input from others who have had a simular situation. Anyone with Hypothyroidism, Hashimoto's, Shorter cycles. Any success stories from others over 35 with these problems.

Thanks

I think your tsh is too high for ttc and a healthy pregnancy...

I would get it down first - you may need a higher dose than 50.

Your LP as you said can be short. Do you take b-complex or other vits - prenatals? It is a bit odd as I have heard LP is pretty consistent, if cycles vary it is usually in the run up to O.

What does your doc think Re your LP?

Do you spot brown mid-cycle?

CedarWood....I'm currently only seeing my OB. It's a starting point. Most RE's like to see TSH between 1-2. I may need a higher dosage of levothyroxine. I need time to see how my current dose of 50 mgs is doing. My OB wants to get in down to 1-2. I never have any spotting what so ever. I've had regular cycles my entire life. They have always been 25 days long when not on birth control. I'm taking prenatal vitamins and b-6. I take my levothyroxine in the morning and prenatal/b-6 in the evening. I feel that my situation is different than most others with hypothyroism. I have regular 25 day cycles. I ovulate every month. Ovulation tests and BBT confirm this. The thing is that I fluctuate 1-3 days with my ovulation days. It can be day 13 or as long as day 15. This is how my luteal phase is affected. My total cycle length never changes.

Hi,
I am hypothyroid too and always had regular cycles.
Good you have a doctor who knows the current recommendations for tsh. I struggled many years trying to get treated.
What I meant about the LP is most people have a regular LP, if something alternates it is usually O. For example, if you O day 14,16 or 17 your LP is still usually 12 - hypotheticaly speaking of course. That makes me think you need your LP looked at.
CW

Hi there,
I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's hypothyroidism about 10 years ago. Currently, my TSH is 1.55, but was 3.6 6 weeks ago. I've increased my meds since that time.

My ovulation day also varies, and always has. I ov from cd15-cd19. My lp is 11 days. My cycles vary according to when I ovulate. My biggest symptom of hypothyroidism is and always has been, infertility.

You definately need to lower your TSH. It's just not going to happen until it's between 1-2. 5.9 is way too high for conception and carrying a pregnancy.

Hopefully it gets adjusted quickly and you get a bfp soon!

I deem you've already visited your OB-Gyne. They can check the health of your eggs because you're over 40. But there is always hope. Wishes!

I agree with the others TSH needs to come down lower. It's not just about regular cycles and ovulation, your thyroid hormones sustain the embryo until theirs has formed and takes over at abut 12 weeks of gestation. Not to mention the sustaining the huge increase in other hormones in your body in the early days of pregnancy. My cycles were always regular too when my TSH was higher, it's not always a symptom for people of having hashimotos :)

I got pregnant at 38 first cycle, TSH is always below 1 these days as my thryoid is prettty much gone now after 10 years of hashimotos. Good luck :)

Hi Hope --

I am also hypothyroid, dx 7 years ago. My TSH levels are hard to control - like 1.5 2 months ago and then 4.3 this month. Your cycles also sound very similar to mine - I usually OV on Day 14 and have about a 10 -11 day LP. Uncontrolled hypothyroidism can acutally cause shorter LP cycles and cause you to stop menstruating and OV all together some times. So, definitely get your TSH between 1-2. It should be checked every 4-6 weeks during pregnancy so I see no reason why it shouldn't be checked the same while TTC. Your doc will test every few weeks and edge up medication slowly until you hit the right TSH range.

BUT although most people have an easier time getting their BFP while TSH 1-2, mine was 4.3 this month and I made an appointment to see my doctor to adjusted my meds and start monitoring it monthly while TTC and day before doc's appointment BFP.

But with 2 autoimmune conditions, you might want to see an RE. There are things they can do if you have too many antibodies like IVIg and stuff to help prevent miscarriages, etc. If you don't get BFP by 12 mon TTC, I recommend asking for a referal to an RE.

Good luck and lots of :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->