hysteroscopy tommorow and I'm freaking out

Janie66

Husband Dave,2 daughters
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm due for my hysteroscopy at 13.15, I thought it was on Wednesday, but no its tomorrow (looked at calender wrong) , and Now I'm freaking out, its to look for a possible polyp and my change in monthly's ( been heavy and clotty on and off for few cycles) and low left pain related to my cycles too. On my paperwork to explain the procedure, it says take painkillers half an hour before, so of course I googled this, and so many are saying its painful to have done and also now I'm reading the risks involved ie perforation is 1 in 170 and can cause fertility problems and further surgery maybe needed if complications and mistakes happen etc all the horror stories I have now read, so now I'm freaked out, is there anyone out there who can respond very soon with experience in this and positive ones would be nice and any advice please. Thanks xx

P.S I need to remain calm :(

I had a hysteroscopy and a second d and c under general anaestetic a month and bit back for retained placenta. I cant comment on pain during but afterwards I was fine. You'll be fine hun xx

I've also had one for pretty much the same reasons as you.
Mine had a look in my womb also and I can't help but think it's part of the reason I am having a little difficulty in TTC - that said, afterwards the pain was bearable, I could walk slowly, a bit stiff. I had the Mirena put in at the time of my operation though.
Best of luck x

I've had 3 hysteroscopies - 2 under general anaesthesia (to remove fibroids) and 1 was just to "take a look", so same as you, took Advil beforehand and nothing else.

The ones with the general are really a piece of cake. The only side effect I had was grogginess from the anaesthesia for the rest of the day, but I was good to go to work the following day (I didn't, but I could have).

The one without the general was uncomfortable, but to me, less uncomfortable than a sonohysterogram. It's a bit uncomfortable when the scope goes thru the cervix and then I got pretty bad cramping during the actual procedure when they're filling the uterus with saline. It's over really fast though and as soon as they pull the scope out and the saline is flushed out, all the discomfort/mild pain ends so you'll be totally fine to walk out of there and go home. Just need to wear a pad for the bleeding/spotting.

It's honestly not that bad - not something you'd want done every day but also not anything that you need to be too nervous about. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->