I’m scared. Low hcg?

KatieA

Reaction score
I have an almost two year old that we had no problem conceiving and carrying to term (besides gd) so when we decided to try for number 2 I, arrogantly, thought it would go just as well. I had a miscarriage in October and then again in December. After dealing with the heartbreak (who are we kidding I still ache for what should have been) I sought out help from a high risk ob at the recommendation of my sister. I love this doctor! She saw me even though I wasn’t pregnant at the time, did a full and complete work up with 15 different labs. She said I have the lab numbers of PCOS (color me surprised because I have never experienced the symptoms that come with PCOS) an am pre-diabetic. My numbers never fully went back to normal after my daughter so I can’t say I was surprised. She told me go ahead and try next month (April) and if needed we will start progesterone.
Since my losses my periods have been a little off. My cycles went from a typical 28 days to 30-31 days. We baby danced after my clue app said I had ovulated. I haven’t used opk’s since we were trying in December but the app typically matched up. So imagine me....very frustrated that NOW PCOS is rearing it’s ugly face when cycle day 38 comes and no period. So I took a test.....and the thing came out positive.

long story still long, I called my ob and my hcg is only at a 24 and she wants me in for a repeat after the weekend. I’m terrified. Hubby and I aren’t letting ourselves get attached to this nugget. Has anyone gone on with low hcg to have a healthy pregnancy? (I am 4+6) I never checked hcg with dd. (I expect to hear back with progesterone levels today so maybe that will give more indication) I want so badly for this to be the one we can take home.

The number itself doesn't indicate much at the moment, it also doesn't mean bad news, but it means you're pregnant either way. As long as it doubles at your repeat blood test that's how you will know for sure, HCG is such a vast range of numbers that 24 is normal for one and 24,000 is normal for another, both can have healthy pregnancies. Good luck!

Keeping everything crossed for you

Although the app is usually about right for ovulation, maybe you Od a little later so a bit earlier than you think? I really hope your numbers have doubled when you get them back xxx

I've got everything crossed for you

Been there. I also have pcos. Since you aren’t exactly sure when you did ovulate the first number doesn’t mean very much. As long as it doubles every 48 hrs. With my second my numbers were very low based on date of my last period. They told me I’d likely miscarry. He’s 18! One of my other boys, I had a blood draw of 8. They were less than optimistic about that pregnancy. He’s going to be 5 this summer.
Sending lots of positive thoughts your way. Today you are pregnant!

Well my doctor called me to say my progesterone was low. (9) so she has put me in vaginal suppositories. I’m not feeling very hopeful.

With my current pregnancy my HCG was only 35.3 at 14 dpo (embryo transfer, so 9 days post 5 day transfer). My fertility clinic typically considers anything over 50 positive at that stage so we were basically counting ourselves out, but then it doubled, and doubled again! I'm now nearing 20 weeks.

My first transfer before my son was in the 20s, and rose for the first week but never doubled and eventually started going down.

So, yes the number is low, and really it could go either way but there are positive stories out there! I hope you are one of them!

Update
Beta 1: hcg 24 progesterone 9
(Put on 200mg progesterone suppositories before bed)
Beta 2: (4 days) hcg 138 progesterone 16
Beta 3: (2 days) hcg 264 didn’t test progesterone
Waiting on results from beta 4

FX for you! :hugs: seems like the numbers are doubling, that's a good sign!

Did they tell you why they are doing so many? Because that number doubled! (minimum double would have been 528!)

Did they tell you why they are doing so many? Because that number doubled! (minimum double would have been 528!)

No. I haven’t a clue. Wondering if it’s to see that it goes above 1000. They did go ahead and book my ultrasound.

Update
Beta 5: hcg jumped to 2170

I cried!!! Nurse though everything is okay. No more betas.
Ultrasound may 4. ❤️❤️❤️

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->