I am being neurotic!

shirlls

Reaction score
I am 8 weeks pregnant with twins and when was at a party last night, I ate a large chocolate truffle which I thought was a normal chocolate truffle but afterwards I noticed a strong alcoholic taste in my mouth. I asked what was in them and it turns out they were baileys truffles and the girl who made them and poured loads into the mixture when baking.

I am now worrying myself silly about it, even though I know there are lots of women who do drink when pregnant and are fine, but I am so particular about not touching alcohol, etc.

I know I am being neurotic but I am panicking I have damaged the babies by eating something with lots of baileys in it :wacko:

I wouldn't panic. With my first I did not know i was pregnant and it was a friends leaving do.i had a fair bit of alcohol. DD is completely fine so a little teeny bit in a choc I'm sure will be fine. The only reason government stipulates zero is be a use they think it's easier to say zero than give an acceptable quantity then ppl thinking 'just a little more'. Some country do suggest that wine etc is good

This one was planned so I'm deliberately on a zero alcohol policy from the outset but I may have a little towards the end with a meal (being Christmas parties etc)

Also if its been cooked the alcohol gets cooked out :) I wouldn't worry hun.

I definitly wouldn't worry, although I totally understand why you are :hugs:

But if she cooked it then yes the alcohol wouldn't be actual alcohol anymore, try and relax I'm pretty sure those babies are just fine in there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->