I am in great need of reassurance...

amanda111308

Mama to 3 boys
Reaction score
Hi ladies, as you will see on my ticker I am 36+2. I have been having high blood pressure problems as of late (just like my last pregnancy) I was induced at 37+4 and he was finally born at 38 weeks exactly. My problems this time around are becoming more severe at a faster pace and today I am meeting with my doctor to discuss my options. My blood pressure is at the point now where I could become a walking stroke risk at any time if it continues to spike higher, in addition to problems with my placenta working properly.

If my baby were born even in the next few days what kinds of challenges am I up against? I want so badly for my little one to be born as safely as possible, but my anxiety is getting the best of me right now.

Does anyone have experience delivering between 36-37 weeks that can make me stop this senseless worrying?? Ugh now I'm bawling again...

My best friend had the same thing, really high BP, and was sent direct from her appointment to L&D and had an emergency c-section at 34 weeks. My nephew was in the NICU for maybe 2 weeks? To be honest I can't remember that far back, lol. But all that being said he is a happy healthy nearly 7 year old today. You're nearly term, so I wouldn't stress. Deep breath momma!

All my nephews were born between 34-36 week .
34 weeker spent 2 weeks in the nicu
35 both came home with mom
36 spent time only because he was lazy and refused to breathe.

I had a 36 Weeker but without the issues you're having. Spontaneous birth. He was 6 lbs. the only trouble I had with him is that he wasn't a strong nurser and that did lead to some jaundice and bililights for a few days. Other than that just a normal baby :)

Thanks for the responses ladies, I have been having such a hard day today. It's so much harder this time around to rest and do as the doctor says while chasing a toddler all day on my own. Thankfully my husband will be comings to my afternoon appointment with me today and then will accompany me home and stay with me to help out with our son.

Sorry to hear your having to stress about this, it's hard enough at this stage without extra worry. I know a few people who delivered 36/37 weeks and baby came home with them, all was fine. I'm sending you positive vibes and hope everything goes well for you. :hugs:

My niece was born at 36 weeks. She had some jaundice and went home 3 days after birth with the bili blanket. Some reflux as an infant, but grew out of that by a few months. Was totally caught up on all growth scales by 5-6 mo.

My nephew was 3 weeks early and perfectly healthy. My mum had us all early and only one of us had jaundice. I think your classed as full term from 37 weeks so theres only days in it and im sure the main problem which isnt a big one if he/she may weigh a little less. Im not an expert but its not too early to be dangerous id of thought.

hope all goes ok xxxx

How high is your blood pressure?

Usually up to 37 weeks they'll medicate you to bring iy down, after that they'll just induce or c-section.

Being so close to 37 weeks I'm really not sure what they'd do in your case. But from a parent who has experienced the special care nursery a baby born that early will do very well. You'll be in the nursery for a pretty short time if at all. Baby has a sucking reflex by that gestation. But that's not to say it won't come with some difficulties, you'll find baby will be a very sleepy baby which can make feeding quite hard. If you're determined to breastfeed statistics have shown that the further along you are the better your chances, 40weekers even do better than 39weekers which do better than 38weekers and so forth. But that's definitely not to say it's impossible!!! I exclusively BF a 33 weeker for 2 years.

It all depends how serious your condition is also. High blood pressure on its own is dangerous but it's very easily medicated (i know i got high BP in my 2nd pregnancy and was medicated from 29 weeks) but like i said i dont think they'll bother medicating you as you're so far along. But if it develops into PE then it's a whole different ballgame because then other parts.of your body will start not working so great like your kidneys and so forth.

My blood pressure has been hovering around 155/110 the past 3 days. My doc said he wants me to get to Monday (37 weeks) and then we will reevaluate. I have to go for checks again tomorrow and Monday and next Wednesday provided I don't go into labour on my own or if things start to go crazier with me. I feel like death... I wake up with pounding headaches, pain in my abdomen (honestly thought I was starting early labour last night but it fizzled out after I went to bed), peeing less but on the plus side baby is moving LOADS inside!!

I just want to feel better, I feel so sick and my husband is trying to stay working until it's time but it's so hard going through this with a toddler. My hubs is feeling like it might be best for baby to come sometime later next week and I am starting to agree with him. Obviously the health of our baby is our greatest concern but if my bp continues to heighten to the point it went last pregnancy I will be a walking stroke waiting to happen and then both lives are at risk... Ugh I just want things to turn around...

If you feel so sick and symptomatic I would be seen at labour ward tbh. :hugs:

I was at my doctors office yesterday and I asked him if I should be assessed and he said if my symptoms worsened then yes definitely I go to L&D but luckily for me they haven't worsened thank goodness. Induction will likely be set for Monday if I am still so symptomatic tomorrow at my next appointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->