• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I am in love with

Twilight

Reaction score
the name Lilly.

But, my ex 's (my babys dad) sister had a daughter called lilly ¬.¬

i guess if i had a girl that would have to stop me from calling her that?

So do you mean your Lilly would have a half-sister called Lilly?

So do you mean your Lilly would have a half-sister called Lilly?

Would they be half sisters? Or cousins? idk how it works :p

Either way i couldnt use Lilly. I can imagine the hassle i'd get for even suggesting it.

that would be a cousin from the way you explained it and I think that is way to close to have the same name JMO

my sister and cousin have the same middle name, couldnt imagine the same first name lol

Honestly I LOVE the name Lilly but it has become so common lately that I shy away from it now, only because it's so popular.

But really, it's still a beautiful name...I have cousins with the same first name- 2 sets of Julia and 2 sets of Stephen...it's never really been an issue. Mind you, I have a huge family so the odds of no repeating is pretty slim hee hee

I still think you can use it, and it's super cute too. :D

Quite a few of my cousins (me included) share the same name, as do quite a few on my husbands side. If you really like it then id still call her Lilly. Or maybe call her somthing lile Lillianna, then you could just shorten it to Lilly??? xx

I know it's such a shame when you love a name. What about names similar to Lily? Like Emily, Ellie or Lila?

Silly me! I read that completely wrong!

I think it would be fine to have the same name- perhaps you could spell it differently.

Hmm, i'm not sure. I love the name but i know a big scene would be made by them - even though its just a NAME :dohh: . I heard a different name the other day ; Laken Lilly-Marie. I think it's quite pretty but i duno :p i've got forever to decide anyway - i dont even know the sex! :blush:

My name is Lily :D
I think it's fine to name your baby Lilly, if you love the name then go for it. I think that the other Lily is far enough away on the family tree that it would be ok. You could always spell it the way I do (Lily instead of Lilly) :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->