• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I am new here. Turning 40 this December and ttc for the first time.

Like you, I'm due to turn 40 this Dec too and also TTC for No. 1.
I can't help but feel selfish for leaving it so late and perhaps I have missed the boat sometimes. This is our 5th month of TTC. Happy to buddy up
x

you have time my sister Birth Beautiful Healthy Children At Age 44

I'm actually the odd one I think. I didn't think I wanted children until about two years ago. Then found someone wonderful with two daughters (7 yrs old) from a prior marriage. We were married this year. We have decided to try for a while to have a child together, so it's a first time for me trying. We've been trying since June, got pregnant, miscarried, then started trying last month again. Not going to try anything out of the ordinary, just naturally. AF just showed up today, I was six days late. Didn't think I was pregnant, and glad to start the cycle again.

Like you, I'm due to turn 40 this Dec too and also TTC for No. 1.
I can't help but feel selfish for leaving it so late and perhaps I have missed the boat sometimes. This is our 5th month of TTC. Happy to buddy up
x

you have time my sister Birth Beautiful Healthy Children At Age 44

Oh thanks, reading the stories on here gives me hope, after all, it's 'only' been 5 mon ths but feels so much longer!!

:flower:

Nat - your story mirrors mine, my OH is my 2nd husband and I don't regret not having any children with my ex. Sometimes the right person comes along later in life (been with mine for 7 yrs).
My OH says if it happens it happens and if it doesn't it doesn't. I don't like my chances of going for NHS IVF :(
Just hoping we can do this naturally but is there anything else a Doc might be able to help with?

Just to add that don't forget there is other stuff they can do to help less drastic than IVF! We don't qualify for IVF here either as cut off is also 39 but as OH doesn't have any kids we qualify for a lot of other help so it's worth investigating. If it's the same as here then after 6 months of ttc if you're over 35 they will start testing for you - it's worth thining about just in case there's a simplish thing that needs fixing and can be fixed! x

Maybethisisit - sprinkling baby dust in your direction, thanks for that advice.

Maybe I'll stick with my original plan of seeing the docs in the new year and see what they can do for me. Hopefully BFP happens before then *fingers crossed*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->