I am so sick of my body not behaving like it should!

TMonster

Reaction score
Every time my body is expected to behave a certain way it decides not to!

First, I put on a ton of weight in first tri... you know, when the baby is the size of a poppy seed and I am sick 24/7. How I managed to put on any weight with all that vomiting I will never know.

Second tri my weight was gradually increasing but not at the insane pace as first tri.

Third tri I start off okay and then I am told I need to gain a pound a week. 3 weeks go by, I gain 3 pounds but the baby grew less than one pound! Another week goes by, I lose a pound. 10 days go by and the baby gains over a pound and I lose a pound. Another week goes by and now I lost 2 more pounds.

In the meantime I've tripled my caloric intake and my bump seems to be getting bigger. I just keep freaking out that my baby isn't gaining weight when she should be if I am losing weight.

I've turned into everyone's goose. I may as well have a tube down my throat I feel like I am consuming so much food and my body is just being stupid!

I hope its all going to the baby or something and she is growing.

If I didn't have that small growth scan I wouldn't be as concerned but its freaking me out! Why can't my body just gain one freaking pound a week like its supposed to? The baby gets half and I am a happy camper.

Ough!

hugs hugs hugs hugs , our body's do funny things and im sure its all going where it should xx

You are doing your very best for your baby but the scale is messing with your head! Baby will take what they need from you xx

throw the damn scales away xx

Stop weighing yourself. Eat a balanced diet & just RELAX. Several midwives have said to me that it doesn't matter how much/little I eat, the baby will take what it needs from my stores and grow accordingly. Some people grow teeny babies, some big babies (I'm one of these :haha:) what you eat doesn't really come into it.

From another POV, this baby is estimated to be around 9 1/2 pounds at 40 weeks. I've gained 2 stone. My DD weighed 9 lbs 9 1/2 ozs at birth and I gained almost 4 stone :blush: so as you can see, your gain doesn't really bare any correlation to babies.

Scales are evil. Seriously, chuck them out or hide them!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->