I am sorry but I need to rant.

Grrrrr, who do you ladies hang out with?!?!?!? I want you all to come over to my house for a big sleepover until LOs are born because I am getting none of this. Maybe I give off a 'don't you fucking dare!' vibe but I don't think so! I want to slap every single person who is giving you all such grief!!!

HAHAHAHA!!!

Yes.. sleepover sounds good. Can we eat Haribo?! Can we were adult onsies?! I've got like five at home that I constantly like LIVE in..especially my giant bumble bee one!! I feel like a baby myself, s'all gooooooooood...

I'm so sorry. I have a feeling I'm going to be getting a lot of this and I'm steeling myself. It's hardest when its your family because you want their love and support, not their judgment. Well, I hope you're able to ignore!

Oh yes the 'just you wait club' they are the worst!!

In my brain i have images of :devil: :gun: :finger: :grr: but on the outside i am doing this O:)

I totally understand where your coming from! And it gets worse once the baby is here, with my son, my MIL offered me advice and I didn't take it, its now 2 years later and we still dont see eye-to-eye. Just ignore everyone and trust your maternal instincts..

Why is that as soon as people find out you are pregnant they think they know better than you? Yes this is my first pregnancy but it doesn't mean I want to hear about you, your pregnancies OR even worse you bloody sisters pregnancy. If I wanted your opinions I would ask.

Maybe I am being snappy. Below are expamples of their "opinions"

1 - "You do realise you will look 10 years older once you have a baby" this coming from someone who has never had kids, doesnt want them but whose sister had. Baring in mind she in her 30s and smokes rollies all day. I quit smoking over a year ago and am only 22 with a "babyface". I still have to give ID to buy alcohol! Grrr.

2 - When speaking to a friend at work about the gender scan I have booked for next week they (Yep more than one) piped up and basically told me I was pathetic for not being able to wait. When I explained my 20 week scan is not a gender scan so I may not be able to find out they told me I would be stupid to waste my money on such a thing as they are never right anyway. Seriously... one of these women has kids older than me - so before they could even find out!

3 - Have been looking after my OHs 7 year old brother for a couple of weeks which has been hard work. Working full time, running the house, looking after him and dealing with the pregnancy symptoms is tough. I know lots of women do it but to go from only having to care for myself to caring for a growing bub AND kid is a bit of a shock to the system. When I was saying (Not to them... to a friend) that I was tired and my tummy was sore they all piped up and told me this was nothing. I would soon get a shock blah blah. I know how hard it is to bring up a baby... I don't need them telling me!

Oh AND they overheard me telling a friend that I had felt the baby moving last week. They told me NO i hadnt... as it is too early. F*ck. Its my body! I know what I feel!

Ontop of this there have been comments about the pain of childbirth, my weight, my name choices. Actually... anything I say about being pregnant they have some sarcy remark to make.

Gd'pcjovugciv£%^I*ER()U*DNJJSJSH!!!! GRRRR!
Is it going to be like this the entire time? Im contemplating hybernating! :wacko:

I wish people would just keep to themselves! This is my first pregnancy and I felt the baby at 14 weeks. I am feeling her all the time now at 17 weeks. Had anyone told me I was not feeling my baby I'd have went off!

I also had someone commenting on the pain of labor... I am planning a natural homebirth and they could NOT stop stressing to me how painful it is. OF COURSE IT'S PAINFUL! It's BIRTH! lol Women have done it for hundreds of years before modern medicine had to come along.

I don't get it. I guess since it's the first pregnancy people just think they have a right to put their two cents in. They don't! Tell them to get lost :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->