I am sorry, i am such a loser, i am going off on one again:(

Emmea12uk

The Folic acid police!
Reaction score
Tom started his new drugs yesturday and things didnt go to plan. as well as all the usual baby things, i now have to do three hourly catheters, two lot of meds three times a day, one once a day and one two times a day. I am doing something every hour of the day and it is impossible! after one day i was tearing my hair out. he throws up if he has an empty tummy but he wont take milk that often.

He is full of cold and keeps choking on his chest gunk!! It is totally terrifying and i am too scared to sleep. He has stopped eating altogether, will only have 1oz at a time and wont take meds:( Not even calpol! With calpol and calprofen he is on 7 meds in total!

This morning i woke in agony - i rushed to the doctors surgery as this pain had been coming on for months, but i ignored it. I just dont have time for me! Tom has on average three appointments a week, i am so grateful when i am at home and able to make feeds, do washing etc. I dont have time to go to the docs for me! So when i went into the surgery today and they took loads of blood and swabs and told me i had pelvic inflammatory disease, i could hardly stop myself from breaking down! What if i cant look after tom anymore? Hell i already feel like i am mentally falling to pieces, now i am physically falling to pieces too!

I got home 30 minutes late for respite care and she was then only able to look after him for 30 minutes, but i broke down in tears and blubbed my way through most of that! Then the HV came round as they were worried they hadnt seen me in clinic this week for toms head check. So i immediately go back into tom mode, by the time they all leave it is three and tom is crying like never before because he has been rudely awoken from all his naps and obviously feels like crap. It took me forever to get him to sleep!

But he went to bed and since i am so worried about my PID - what if i have to go into hospital?? I have to wait a week for the results.

Oh, and they also think i have POS - something which my previous doctor wouldnt check for, but that i was very suspicious of! - If that is the case then diabetes might not be purely gestational...............

for god sake!! How much more can i take????? cant i just be left alone to look after my son! He needs me!:cry::cry:

big hugs hun!! :hugs:

I cannot imagine what you are going through but you are doing amazingly :hugs:

:hug: You poor thing - it's hard enough just having to take care of a baby all day without all the extra things you're having to do for Tom and being ill on top of all that - I don't know how you deal with it all but you are a seriously amazing mum.

If you ever need anything we're not too far away :hugs: x

:hug: You poor thing - it's hard enough just having to take care of a baby all day without all the extra things you're having to do for Tom and being ill on top of all that - I don't know how you deal with it all but you are a seriously amazing mum.

If you ever need anything we're not too far away :hugs: x

Couldnt have said it better - you are really an amazing mum.

:hugs:

xxx

Know how you feel. I am currently stressed out of my eyeballs. :)

Firstly ring the dr and ask to get Tom precribed some paracetamol suppositories, they also bring down a temp quicker and you dont have to worry about them keeping it down. A lesson I learnt myself this week!

Secondly :hugs:

Sorry i missed this thread hunny hope u and Tom are both ok. Big hugs all round :hug::hugs: xx

aww hun :hugs:

I agree with the rest you are a amazing mummy :)

Hope you are both better soon xxxxx

we are much better. we came to stay with oh's parents in petrborough and they are helping me out by keeping him amused all the time. No one will do catheters which is a pain, as i cant leave him for more than three hours, but three hours is amazing! I went shopping and bought some new boots and loads of other stuff!

Not sure how i am going to cope for the last three weeks until mike comes home when or if i go home - maybe i wont! I might just mooch around peterborough and norfolk bugging everyone here!

at least i have the london trip!!

So glad you're doing better and not having to do everything without any help - I have no idea how you were managing it :hug: x

aww hun just seen this thread.

glad ur getting some help now at mikes parents and ur getting time to urself x

:hug: ur an amazing mummy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g