I ate moldy bread!

laramommy2B

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm almost 25 weeks pregnant and accidentally ate a sandwich that had slightly green edges and mold on it! After the second weird tasting bite I obviously spit it out and threw it away but I would like to know if this could be dangerous to the baby.
I have talked to my Doctor and he says he won't hurt the baby but I'd like some other mommy's advice!

I can't imagine that little but would do anything. I'm sure other moms have accidentally and purposely ate more than that :)

to be fair, the doctor surely knows more than random women on this site! (i include myself in that hahah)
but id say its fine

I'm sure it wouldnt cause any harm at all :) a couple of weeks ago I ate a pitta bread which was mouldy...(without knowing) even though the sell by date wasnt for another week or so & I brought it that day from the store! I was more annoyed that my 'fresh' pittas were mouldy and I'd just brought them lol. Im sure your baby is fine :) x

When I was pregnant with DD I ate a moldy breakfast burrito...I got through half of it and realized it tasted very strange and opened it up and it was full of green and white mold. I was somewhere in the 2nd trimester. Anyway, I forced myself to barf it up and had an appt the next day and asked the doc about it. He laughed and said the mold was probably the healthiest part of that stupid burrito.

When I was pregnant with DD I ate a moldy breakfast burrito...I got through half of it and realized it tasted very strange and opened it up and it was full of green and white mold. I was somewhere in the 2nd trimester. Anyway, I forced myself to barf it up and had an appt the next day and asked the doc about it. He laughed and said the mold was probably the healthiest part of that stupid burrito.

That just made me laugh out loud.
I'm glad to hear that mold is not as dangerous as I feared it to be. Hearing so many things about toxoplasmosis, listeria etc. I drive myself completely nuts.

I thank you all so much.
Love,
L.

This is what annoys me...I LOVE Stilton (blue cheese), but they say no mouldy items can be eaten, so I go without something I love out of fear. But sounds like Doctors are OK with it...can I now eat Stilton?? :)

my opinion is based on what your doctor said. If your trusted health care provider said you will be fine...then I am going to say dont lose any sleep worrying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->