I can feel my baby!!

MummyLaura93

Expecting number 2
Reaction score
I'm 12 weeks and 4 days and this morning I woke up with a hard pressure on my stomach. I put my hand on it and there was a hard round bump on part of my belly. It stayed for a while until I poked it and it went back down hehe :haha:

Pretty sure it was my bubba, as I've had something like this with my first pregnancy and managed to get a picture of it.
In the picture I was 12 weeks also.

Attachments

• 550771_2707365056451_767192562_n.jpg
    550771_2707365056451_767192562_n.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 50
I hate to burst your bubble here, I really do, but that's way too high to have been the baby at 12 weeks. At 3 months along the very top of your uterus is barely an inch above your pubic hairline. The spot in the picture, or any spot near your bellybutton at this point, is nearer the 4-5 month mark. You do grow faster with subsequent pregnancies, but it still looks much closer to where you'd expect to be at the 4 month mark. It's also too big to be baby, who is only 2 inches long and weighs less than a cd at this point (being the bones haven't begun to harden yet).

I get bumps that look similar and move when I push on them, too. It's more obvious now that I'm 12 weeks along, but I get them even when I'm not pregnant. Up there at this point it's most likely to be parts of your colon (in your picture, it's your descending colon) and you're just nudging a loop of it deeper in. It's still pretty cool, in my opinion. But I'm a nursing student, so a lot of what the body does fascinates me. The sheer complexity of what it does automatically, that our conscious minds would totally be unable to do even if that one task was ALL we had to do...it's amazing. I could go on all day.

Anyway, you should still be able to get close to where baby is. Lie down flat and put your fingers under your bellybutton and push down HARD. Like you can't see the tips of your fingers at all hard. (I'm 138 lbs right now and can see just the base of my thumb if I use that, that's how hard I'm talking about.) You'll feel a lot of squish, for lack of a better term. Then walk your fingers down until you stop feeling squish and start feeling firmness instead. That's where the top of your uterus is.

If you've got a doctor's appointment coming up soon, have her or him check your fundal height so you get a better idea of where you're at. It's pretty cool, if a little uncomfortable when they dig in. They should be checking your urine at every appointment, but make sure you have an empty bladder anyway. They'll be shoving at your small intestine down there and look, experience, okay? At least it wasn't much and my doc had just had her own second baby so it was more of an "I've been there" giggle than anything else.

I have extra fluff so cant see mine yet but I can definitely feel my uterus. I could feel it from around 10 weeks!
With the pic being your 1st..try get a pic this time and compare :)
X

Sadly, I have to agree with chellesama here. I, too, get those bulges when I'm pregnant, and for me it's my intestines being pushed out of the way, so sometimes they kind of poke out until you push them back down. This is my third baby, and I actually felt him/her at 10 weeks, but it was just teeny tiny flutters way down by my pubic bone.

I have to agree ^ .. I get this alot. It's poop moving through the intestines... Sorry :(

I hate to burst your bubble here, I really do, but that's way too high to have been the baby at 12 weeks. At 3 months along the very top of your uterus is barely an inch above your pubic hairline. The spot in the picture, or any spot near your bellybutton at this point, is nearer the 4-5 month mark. You do grow faster with subsequent pregnancies, but it still looks much closer to where you'd expect to be at the 4 month mark. It's also too big to be baby, who is only 2 inches long and weighs less than a cd at this point (being the bones haven't begun to harden yet).

I get bumps that look similar and move when I push on them, too. It's more obvious now that I'm 12 weeks along, but I get them even when I'm not pregnant. Up there at this point it's most likely to be parts of your colon (in your picture, it's your descending colon) and you're just nudging a loop of it deeper in. It's still pretty cool, in my opinion. But I'm a nursing student, so a lot of what the body does fascinates me. The sheer complexity of what it does automatically, that our conscious minds would totally be unable to do even if that one task was ALL we had to do...it's amazing. I could go on all day.

Anyway, you should still be able to get close to where baby is. Lie down flat and put your fingers under your bellybutton and push down HARD. Like you can't see the tips of your fingers at all hard. (I'm 138 lbs right now and can see just the base of my thumb if I use that, that's how hard I'm talking about.) You'll feel a lot of squish, for lack of a better term. Then walk your fingers down until you stop feeling squish and start feeling firmness instead. That's where the top of your uterus is.

If you've got a doctor's appointment coming up soon, have her or him check your fundal height so you get a better idea of where you're at. It's pretty cool, if a little uncomfortable when they dig in. They should be checking your urine at every appointment, but make sure you have an empty bladder anyway. They'll be shoving at your small intestine down there and look, experience, okay? At least it wasn't much and my doc had just had her own second baby so it was more of an "I've been there" giggle than anything else.

Sadly, I have to agree with chellesama here. I, too, get those bulges when I'm pregnant, and for me it's my intestines being pushed out of the way, so sometimes they kind of poke out until you push them back down. This is my third baby, and I actually felt him/her at 10 weeks, but it was just teeny tiny flutters way down by my pubic bone.

I have to agree ^ .. I get this alot. It's poop moving through the intestines... Sorry :(

haha I'm actually laughing.. I've had a picture of my pushed up intestines on Facebook for over 2 years now :haha: lucky none of my friends are in the medicinal profession :dohh:

Hey, I put put pictures of the gory, nasty stitches I got once. We are the people who make life interesting!

Anyway, it's probably BECAUSE of the baby if you've only noticed it while pregnant (and not, say, after a whole pizza like I notice it) so you're clear on calling it the baby. :thumbup:

Totally agree that's not baby, probably a roaming turd :p.

I first felt movement at 15 weeks with my daughter and it was very low, where my previous c-section scar was, a touch to the left and a bit above my pubic hair. Midwife found her heartbeat in that spot.

I swear I felt my last around 12 wks , I felt the tiniest little flutters...... I am a small person and believe It really was baby because my fluids were also very low the whole pregnancy, leaving not much room for cushion between me n baby..... They for strong every day, by 14/15 weeks they were legit strong flutters:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->