I can't be the only one!!!!

dgirllamius

Lena's Mutter
Reaction score
The epilator thread got me thinking....

FACIAL HAIR!!!!!

I seriously can't be the only female here who suffers with unsightly facial hair.

How do you deal with it? I currently use hair removal cream but it stinks and the smell lingers for ages even after washing with soap. I've also tried epilation but holy cow that HURTS.

What do you do to the battle the tash?

I have a fine down of hair i guess. Just really light all over my face and kind of a blonde colour? Not sure how to describe it but yeah it looks horrid with foundation on so I just shave with a razor. Works for men so why not! I've never had any problems with it :) JUst make sure you moisturize after x

I wax my upper lip myself. I bought the smaller wax strips & cut them each time, about 1cm thick? Heat them up with a hairdryer & on n off! I do it about once a month

I thankfully have fine hair but you can still see it if you look closely enough. It's only on the sides of my upper lips. I prefer to wax but hate waiting for it to grow out so I usually take care of it with an electric trimmer. I always have to take care of DH's eyebrows though. :lol:

I pluck the main offenders when I'm feeling brave!! Wouldn't like to try anything else as I'm scared of it growing back really thick

I have quite fine, blonde hair on my upper lip. I've never bothered with it but it's getting more noticeable as I'm getting older (to me anyway!) Terrified of doing anything to it though as I don't want it growing back thicker and darker. Does it actually grow back like this? I was always told this would happen to my leg hair but it has always grown back the same...

I have never had mine grow back any different

I pluck. I keep tweezers in my car where the lighting is excellent and there is a built in mirror. (not while driving though, in my driveway usually while LO naps in her carseat after a drive). I do my eyebrows and several super fun dark jawline hairs. I like the feeling of plucking, but I am a freak. Haha. I have been taking care of it that way for about 25 years, so it doesn't hurt anymore.

I suffer from pcos and it's so embarrassing. My neck and jaw line have a bunch of lightly coloured long hairs. Makes me feel ugly. I wish I could shave it or something but would hate for it to grow back thick and dark.

IPL 5 yrs ago, never had them back. I have PCOS, pale skin & dark hair.

Intense pulse light it's permanent hair remover

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intense_pulsed_light

I did full body & face, since then I never had to worry about body or face hair

Did it really work? I've considered laser before but I keep hearing that it's not very affective.

Did you have any after effects? How much do things like that cost, if you don't mind me asking? You know I'm casper with dark hair and PCOS too. It only got worse when I was first pregnant too.

Just found somewhere right next to work and I think I'm gonna do it!!

Did you have any after effects? How much do things like that cost, if you don't mind me asking? You know I'm casper with dark hair and PCOS too. It only got worse when I was first pregnant too.

Just found somewhere right next to work and I think I'm gonna do it!!

My employer had it done with amazing results!
Im thinking of having my underarms and face done after Christmas and if that goes well I will do legs and bikini line. Im also very very white with dark hairs.
How much are they charging near you?

I've got about £200 here for about 4/5 sessions x I see Groupon offers flying around but I don't know whether to trust them

I don't know about the cost it was long time back & I had it as part of my spa membership. It works best on light skin with darks hair. I didn't wax/ shave any area for 5 yrs. each area takes 6-8 but face might need more. I was told the technology used now is more advanced, less painful & more effective.

Hi
I've had good results using the NO NO that's advertised on tv , It's really made a difference to my facial hair, I'm also very pale skinned with dark hair. Once you get used to using it it's very easy and quick to use. :thumbup:

I'm unlucky having inherited my mum's chin hairs :/ I epilate them. They drive me insane!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->