I cant believe her..!

L

Laura--x

A few weeks ago MIL asked if we had got our carseat yet, i told her no and that i was waiting to get one to go with my pram ( i've got the icandy cherry in fudge, only maxi cosi carseats fit on the icandy frame so have to get one of those). So she then said she would pay for it, so a week later she gave me £100 to go and get it.

Still havn't got it yet :dohh: it keeps slipping my mind, but mil rang yesterday an asked if i had got it and when oh told her no not yet, she asked if it was one to match the pram. I said no, you can't get them in the pram colours, it'll just be a black one, she then said well what carseat is it, i thought you could get one to match ect ect and i said a maxi cosi one as that is the only one that canf it on the frame, then she said i wish you told me before because the carseat we have is maxi cosi.

So now, oh has said that shes sorting that one out and will give us that one instead, so now wants her money back!!!

Am i being stupid for being annoyed by this?

No - I wanted a NEW one for my LO - you never know how long they have been used/worn or whether they were involved in an accident. Better to be safe than sorry!

Your baby - your choice!! X

The one shes saying shes got is what she used for her son ( now 2 and a half ) and passed it on to her grandaughter ( whos now 1 and a half!) so it's had alot of use out of it!

I would want brand new as well. Even though you know the history and know it hasn't been in an accident like random second hand car seats, I would still want a brand new one.

Well if its the same carseat you was going to buy anyway, Theres no difference than spending her money on one or her giving you one.

You should hurry up and get your carseat hun (if you dont take the one mil is giving you) incase baby comes soon because they wont let you leave hospital without one!

Has she bought the carseat she has got brand new?
U want a car seat BRAND NEW as you need to know for sure if it's been in an accident or not.
xox

Ooops! I can see why you would be miffed! You could make out that you had your heart set on a certain colour maybe? or just tell her you read that new babies should have new car seats or something!! I wouldnt want a second hand one so I can totally see where your coming from, I bet if your honest she would understand xxx

The one shes saying shes got is what she used for her son ( now 2 and a half ) and passed it on to her grandaughter ( whos now 1 and a half!) so it's had alot of use out of it!

Ah well in that case maybe just explain and say you want a brand new one. I would want a new one too if its been used quite abit. x

no way!! you're not over reacting, thats had a lot of usage, hun!! Tell her how you feel and that you only want to use a new one, better to be safe then sorry!! :hugs:

I'm kinda in the same situation, Marley's grandpa and grandma on his dads side are trying to give me a car seat that's been used already with a baby on that side.... I just don't feel right using it, especially since I don't even know the baby or hardl know the people who used it....I like cleanliness!! ick!:blush:

Another idea would be to just give her the money back and just buy what you want yourself, just tell her you got new covers for it and she will never know! xxx

It's not the one i wanted, the one i want is just a plain black one, but hers is like zebra print black and white.

It feels as if ive got no say in it, oh was on the phone to her last night and all that was said is that shes going to get the other one back, so when oh put the phone down i said does that mean she'll want her money back and he said well yeah we ain't keeping it for nothing, and that was that!

of course you have a say in it, hun, just say no thank you :hugs: be honest with her that you don't want that one because it's been used so much already AND its not the one you wanted. Your baby, your say :hug:

Dont feel pressured.

Just say no thanks, and get our own.

Thats what id do anyway. I can understand that she dont wanna spend £100 if she has one she thinks is perfectly usable but this is your baby and your first at that so everything should be as you want it.

If you feel bad then just say they came up in sale or something the exact one you wanted so you bought it on impulse.

She can always keep the one she has to use when she takes your baby out in her car??

I would be angry, I'd would want a new one for lots of reasons, cleanliness, you dont know whether its been in any accidents etc.
You could say that you have to get ine that fits your car (this is true coz now they suggest you buy the base which needs to fit your car)
What you could say is that she should keep that one so that if she ever looks after your little one, she will have a car seat ready in her car xx

I would give her the money back and say you want a new one so therefore will buy it yourself. Hopefully she will still offer to get it you

Or you could say that youve already ordered one online and go and quickly order it xx

i too would have been mega pissed! i too would have wanted a new car seat! bloody cheek x

id say that ur mum was annoyed waiting around for u to order it as the hospital wont let u home without one and that one will be with u this week, and u owe ur mum the money for it, as she put it on her credit card for u.
or just be honest and say u really think its lovely she can get hold of one but you had ur heart set on a brand new one and u are going to go ahead and order one this week and suggest she holds on to the other one as a spare.
just say u have heard its a no go to use second hand...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->