I can't believe it

Discussion in 'Waiting To Try' started by sandy299, Oct 4, 2008.

1. sandy299

sandy299 Well-Known Member

Last night dh came home and told me I can go off my pills and we can TTC whenever. Of course I was floored. But then I started thinking. We had planned a trip to Seattle next summer. At first I thought about TTC in January. But then I realized I really wanted to go to Seattle. So, I am seeing if maybe we can go in May instead of June and then TTC right after our trip. Also I think that gives me more time to prepare to TTC. It's funny I have had baby fever so bad, he finally says yes and now I am trying to push it back. I am also a bit nervous and overwhelmed and I think I need more than 3 months to get used to the idea.

I just think if we do TTC before and then what if we never go? I mean it is one of those last trips before TTC and I would prefer to go before I get pregnant. One, in case I have m/s and don't feel well. I wouldn't want to screw up my whole trip. And if I wait until I am further along I might not feel good either. I am just thinking it is better to go on our trip before I get pregnant.

Any insight???

Sandy

2. Mrs Doddy

Mrs Doddy 1 pink 1 blue

I would either
    1) just go for it
    2) wait until a month before you go

(probably 1) as it may not happen straight away

3. sandy299

Yea..if I knew it wouldn't happen right away I would just go for it. Although I am seeing if dh woudln't mind moving up our trip to late April or early May. We don't have to pay for much so that isn't too much of an issue. I think we will move up our trip and then TTC maybe right before we go. I know it probably won't happen right away however I have had two friends get pg on the first try and I think that is the only thing that is keeping me wondering...

4. Dream.A.Dream

Dream.A.Dream Mum to 6yo and WTT #2!

Good luck with your decision and when you do ttc :)

5. nightkd

nightkd Mum to two!

My OH keeps chopping and changing his mind about our date of TTC atm, but we've said we're going to go back to Amsterdam around Mayish next year and I really really want to go. I'd honestly put it off for a few extra months, enjoy your trip and then get down to some serious BDing!!

When you come off the pills it'll take a while for your body to get back to norm anyway, so those extra few months'll give you that time. :)

Good luck!!
    xx

6. MissPolley

MissPolley Mum of one

my doc told me that when u come off the pill, immediatly after that is the best time to start trying for a baby, or maybe thats when all the hormones are in superdrive to get the body back to its normal state, either way as soon as u come off the pill, ur more likely to concieve, at least thats wot i was told. :\

7. cazd

cazd Guest

FAB NEWS! I think you should have the holiday though - It'll be your last chance to spend some time together - just you two...

8. Chris77

Chris77 Mommy to PJ and Gavin

I definitely agree with Mrs. Doddy! DH and I are on our 3rd cycle of trying, so she's right, it may not happen right away.

Good luck when you do TTC!!

:hug:

9. sandy299

I talked to dh this weekend and I decided we are going to TTC in January. It was after a few factors. First of all, I checked with human resources at work and I am eligible for FMLA leave (which is the family leave act in the USA for those of you in the UK) after a year which will be Sept 8th. Also..I found out I can use short term disability and get paid 75% of my salary. I was posting on a board about pay during leave and many of you in the UK were shocked we did not get paid during our leave time, which is 6 weeks. But I will be working from home after the baby is born if not before. I probably could have in December but just decided to wait until after the holidays. One more new years of drinking…

Secondly, I talked to my OBGYN today. I told her the deal. She said I can fly up to 32 weeks. So, I would only be 5 months at the most when we go on our trip in June. So that is good. They asked me if I wanted a prescription for prenatals or I can go to the over the counter. I haven’t decided. I did forget to ask her if I can take my allergy pill so I have to call her back tomorrow. She said I didn’t need any appointments before TTC and if I have questions to call.

I am very excited but a bit nervous as well about how my life is about to change....

Sandy