I cant do this!

ryder

Mum to Jasmine & Peyton
Reaction score
I cant deal with her getting up 3 times a night!!!! I dont know why this has started, she hasnt been up 3 times a night since she was 2 weeks old and all of a sudden it started again.

And about a week and a half ago she started getting so upset when I was feeding her, she would eat a couple oz and then start crying etc... Was vomiting alot...

So I tried thickening her bottle with rice cereal, which kept it down at least...

But she is still getting upset! I tried taking her off the rice cereal, but she is just the same and is back to puking up a bunch of her bottle... Im so frustrated and I just want her to be eating again...

We have her shots on mon so I will talk to the doc about reflux.... Im just so tired and cranky now, I feel like shit.

i know how you feel, we have to tube feed niamh every 3 hours, day and night. After almost 6 wks we feel like zombies, not sure how much longer i can do it for.

Have u tried comfort milk over here cow and gate make it ...its thicker and good for baby,s with reflux
https://www.cowandgate.co.uk/our_products/baby_milks/milks_for_sensitive_tums

Have you got her crib mattress elevated? The dr thought Renah probably had reflux because she snorts a lot and spits up and he told me to put a pillow under the end of the mattress where her head is. That way the reflux doesnt come back up in her throat.

When you think about it, that's what I had to do when I was in the late stages of pregnancy because I had such bad reflux...practically sleep sitting up.

Maybe she's crying because she wakes up and she's scared? Have you tried leaving a low lamp on at the other end of the room?

could she be colicky too? our little man is 11 weeks and he used to come off crying after feeding. I am breastfeeding still but when my hubby gave him bottle he came off crying more so so could be lots of trapped wind if she taking in too much air when feeding?

We tried infacol and baby gaviscon as the doctor thought it was slight reflux but didn't seem to work so tried colief is expensive for 7ml but it seemed to settle him and I also found out some massage to help get rid of trapped wind so if you haven't tried that give that a whirl.

Am still up about 3 times a night hun and have been since he was born he is just a hungry boy but thankfully he is a quick feeder and guzzles for 10-15 mins and then done!

oh also we changed the bottle and went onto dr browns and that helped loads!

Sounds like reflux to me, that is when Brennan's hit and his sleeping really went to shit. There are things you can do to help.

Elevate her while she is sleeping, 30 degrees is best.
Keep her upright 30 minutes after feeding.
Feed her smaller amounts more often that way she is less likely to fill her tummy up too much and a smaller chance of it coming up.

I really hope for your sake it is not reflux, as it just sucks. And her waking in the night will become a regular thing as she will just become more uncomfortable the longer she lays flat.

:( I hope if it is reflux my dr will do something, he unfortunately is really tight with giving prescriptions... Its just so frustrating because she used to eat and sleep so good, and now she gets so upset during feeding, even though you know theyre hungry....

She does have her head elevated at night.

I have no help at night cause my oh works midnights right now...

I might tke her to the hospital, she ate at 10:30 and only had like 3oz... and its 3:00 now and She has only eaten 2oz... :(

I might tke her to the hospital, she ate at 10:30 and only had like 3oz... and its 3:00 now and She has only eaten 2oz... :(

Does she have a temp? thats what Renah was doing the couple days she wasn't herself. That and not sleeping. I hope she's okay

no, no temp... just not eating much and showing signs of reflux... but the weight can come off too fast if she isnt eating as much :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->