I can't find any names we love! Help!!

o0oCharlieo0o

Reaction score
I'm searching pretty much daily and I just can't find a name that I lovemaking that DH loves too, every name I have loved he hates and it's driving me mad! I loved Luna, River, Violet, Violet I thought would be the one!
He likes normal names I like ones a bit different and I thought violet fit perfectly but nope he hates it and I'm gutted! The only name he has mentioned at all is Grace but for me it's too common, and the only one I have told him I like and he does too is Tillie but it's no time a name I love and I don't like any of the longer versions for it (Matilda or ottilie) it's really getting to me now that iv not found anything even close to what could be our baby girls name, I know I'm only halfway there but all my other babies I had a list of names by now, I really want something pretty and girly tat will match my other two girls names which are Avaleigh (Ava-lee, you would be surprised how many people say it wrong) and Meadow, please help I think if exhausted all websites now searching names!!

I think Violet Grace would be beautiful, but of course it would seem your hubby would veto it immediately.
So you like slightly uncommon names as hubby likes classic names? Don't worry, when I had my first, my and SO had a girls name picked out ahead of time, but of course had a boy, and we could NOT agree, so we ended up settling on a name we both liked, but didn't love haha. But ended well for us, because it suits him. And again with this pregnancy we find ourselves with a girls name already ready but a boys name? Nope. Haha.

How about something like Aurelia, or Scarlett?

Eleanor
Harriet
Harper
Frankie
Rose
India
Summer
Maeve

Some names I like that are unique but not too out there:

Clementine
Ophelia
Cosette
Astrid
Dahlia
Althea
Wren

I feel your pain! I liked Violet but in the end I just couldn't help hearing 'violent' :wacko: I also liked Heidi, but OH wasn't keen. We've chosen now, our little girl will be Saffron (Saffie as a nickname).

I was going to suggest Scarlett too, that was also one of our close runner ups. I also liked Jessica, Naomi and Leah (pronounced Lee-ah not just Lee).

I hope you manage to find a name you both love :flower:

to add to the above names:

Brigette, Vera, Frolena, Jammie, Luv, Emma, Vickie, Ava, Maegan, Manege, Maggie, Leticia, Laetitia, Lola, Lali, Luminary, Lamina, Romina, Romi, Suzie, Sussie, Sammie.

You can go by meaning of the name and then change the spelling the way you are both comfortable with.

I'm just going to spam you with names in the hope that one of them appeals!
Maisie
Vivian
Viola
Tabitha
Lyra
Clara
Pearl
Juno
Sienna
Esmae
Rose
Hazel
April
Coral
Cora
Oona
Olive
Aurora
Verity
Laurel
Penelope

Do you think you OH would go for Violet with Tillie as a nickname? I think it would be cute.
Other names which could have Tillie as a nn maybe:
Thalia
Juliet
Clementine
Leticia
Millicent
Charlotte

Thank you everyone there's some lovely names there, some of which iv already said to my husband and he's said no lol, can't have Scarlett because my name is Charlotte so too close for my liking, so far we have found another name we do both love which is Isabella, I know it's common and I usually like uncommon names only but it's just so pretty that I don't mind it being common, still gutted over Violet though lol and still searching incase there is anything else

Charlotte & Scarlett is too close, I agree. My OH liked Zahli for a girl but my name is Carlie so I thought it would sound silly how it rhymes. If bub is a girl we've decided on Indi Rose. Isabella is lovely x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->