I can't keep my prenatals down?

etcetera

Reaction score
Okay, so my doctor told me a couple of weeks ago to go ahead and start my prenatals, so i did. The bottle that I have you have to take two of them at the same time. And for some reason I can't seem to keep them down. I've tried EVERYTHING. I take them first thing in the morning, within 5 minutes I'm throwing them up.

I try taking them in the evening, same thing. I try to eat with them before I take them, I just throw up easier. I try taking them around lunch time, same thing. If i take them right before I go to bed, I'm up in the middle of the night puking.

Nothing works, does anyone have any experience with this??:nope:

I donno, I use to have a snack then take them right after and go to bed
maybe someone more helpful will come along.

ginger stops you being sick during pregnancy.
ginger biscuits.
sugared ginger.
or you could try wearing travel sickness bands??? they go on your wrists you can get them at your chemist i got mine off ebay. £2 i think x x x and they work amazingly x x

yeah, I had this. I just take kids chewable vitamins, 3 a day and my mid wife said this was equivalent and never got sick on these :D

Yeah as Genna said, and their better than none at all, and i maybe weird but they taste well nice :lol: xx

Hey chicka! I had that problem as well as one of my friends. I know with her doctor when she told him her doctor switched her to chewable prenatals since she got sick right after taking them or she was at least really nauseous. She took one in the morning and one in the afternoon. They really helped her. Once she went into her 2nd trimester she went back to the same ones she first got and had no problems.

With me I would get sick a lot. If I didn't get sick they made me constipated like crazy! My doctor told me to take them once every other day to every 3 days. That helped some. Then I figured out that I needed to take a couple of chewable peptos after my breakfast then wait like ten minutes then take one prenatal. Then do that same thing after lunch. Hope I help!

have you tried just taking one and seeing if it helps? I am taking vits and folic acid.....
I have beendoing it just before bed time.
Just a thought

I had the same problem. You can go on chewable vitamins. They taste much better and won't upset your stomach. Just make sure you talk to you doc about this and get his advice on what chewables are best suited for you. :)

Gingerale, hard candy... helped me with nausea :)

try switching the prenatal vitamins ... i was taking these huge prenatal vitamin pills when i first foudn out i was pregnant .. and i couldnt keep them down .. so i went and bought regular prenatal vitamins from the store. and ive never been sick off them once!

drink ginger tea before you take them it might help

i had to take these really nasty prenatal vitamins at first and i threw up everytime, then my sis in law told me she had to take these gel cap type vitamins that were purple, i didn't know the name of them then and i still don't now, but i told the dr that and she gave them to me, i think it was just the taste of the other ones that i couldn't keep down, but the gel caps were great! not sure if that is what you are already taking tho...

I switched to some that I bought at walmart... I can keep them down really well... Not the ones that the doctor gave me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->