I can't take this anymore!!

well hopefully he saw how annoying and upsetting it really was getting to be for you and will talk to her.... and hopefully she will do something about it..keep us updated!!..goodluck!

Will do. Thanks very much for all your advice x

It is because you are the youngest. I am the youngest of 4 older brothers. Hell!!!! Even though I am 33 they treat me like I'm 7. It was 9 degrees here a few weeks ago and my mom called to tell me to make sure I put a winter coat on my 4 year old. So insulting!!! My kids are ALWAYS dressed appropriately. You will need to talk to her before your child is born because it is only going to get worse once she feels she needs to micromanage your mothering skills too. The reason you are fed up now is probably because of your pregnancy hormones. Use them to your advantage and speak up (not that it will do a lot of good quite honestly) but it will make you feel better. Me and my mom are in a fight and haven't spoken for 3 weeks and it has been heaven, lol. I feel for you. Just remember this when your kids are grown up and don't do it to them is my best advice. Good luck!!

I'm not wantin her to change. I'm just wanting her to back off a bit and give me (and us) some space. Hopefully the chat my dad is going to have with her will help out a bit. If not, I'll seriously consider all the ideas that have been given. Thanks everyone. I really appreciate your help on this xx

I just mean that you are hoping she will change some of her behaviors. There will always be some rattling and discomfort on one side or the other when boundaries need to be set again like it sounds like you desire. Thankfully, it sounds like your mom loves you (a whole lot!), so she will care about how things affect you. Hopefully it will smooth out quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->