I could cry

calm

Reaction score
Hello, I am 34, and hope to be TTC in the next few months.

I could cry... because in my WTT section there is a thread where a 23 year old says she feels she is getting too old to have kids... and other people have joined the thread saying the same... I usually have such PMA in general, but not having a good day today :cry:

aww thats ashame, try not let that post get to you, tbh i think a 23 yr old saying that is rather silly! dont let it get to you, your only 34 and time is still on your side!

Thanks. Its just not me at all, I never start threads like this... I am crying now in front of the computer, just have a bit of shitty day. So glad they have made this section. X

i am not over 35 so dont know if i am allowed in this section, i am 28, but never in a million yrs would have i have said at 23 or even at my age just now that i feel too old to have kids!! that is a shocking statement, and no wonder your left upset, i had to go and read the post you were talking about and i had to holdback from saying something. You keep your chin up, and i am sure everything will work out for you and i hope you get a :bfp: soon xxx

Well, I am 34, but the odds are that I will be TTC by 35... I did want to answer the thread myself but I answered it in my head!

Don't let a comment like that upset you. I found out I was pregnant with my 2nd when I was 34 and had him at 35. If anything now he is here I feel like 21 again and hopefully you will too!x

hope your ok, i had to comment on that thread, please try not let it upset you x

Agree, what a shocking and incredibly naive and stupid thing to say! :growlmad:

When I was 23 I was nowhere near mature enough or ready to have a baby. It took until age 32 to meet Mr Right who is the only guy I want to have a baby with!

What a silly girl she is....don't take any notice, women have babies well into their 40's these days. I said to my counsellor I was worried as I am TTC No 1 at 37, and she said that is not considered even that old these days!

:hugs:

23 is younggggg! My sister is 32 and just had her 3rd and she is nowhere near too old to have children x

I know, I am being stupid... many many people have children in the 30's and 40's. My aunt had her first at 40 last year... I know that someone's lack of tact shouldn't upset me. Maybe a different day I would have been fine, just super sensitive at the moment. I can't let other people's issues affect me. Okay, I have talked myself round now. Thanks for your replies. XXX :hugs:

I could cry... because in my WTT section there is a thread where a 23 year old says she feels she is getting too old to have kids... and other people have joined the thread saying the same... I usually have such PMA in general, but not having a good day today :cry:

Honey, I am 36 and having my first. I don't feel too old at all, it's quite an average these days.

Hope this doesn't upset any younger mums but I am glad I didn't have children when I was younger.

I've done most things I wanted and was actually going to wait another year or two but decided just to get on with it. I'm finally ready to settle down now.

The only thing that does very mildly concern me is that as I am older my skin is not as elastic as it was and I will probably end up with stretchmarks and droopy boobies!! But since I no longer run around in cropped tops and hotpants I'm really not that bothered and plenty of under 30's get these too anyway!

Keep your chin up and good luck

xx

I couldn't stop myself from commenting on that post - although I managed to hold back from 'oh get over yourself!' and think of something more constructive!

Honey, I am 36 and having my first. I don't feel too old at all, it's quite an average these days.

Hope this doesn't upset any younger mums but I am glad I didn't have children when I was younger.

I've done most things I wanted and was actually going to wait another year or two but decided just to get on with it. I'm finally ready to settle down now.

The only thing that does very mildly concern me is that as I am older my skin is not as elastic as it was and I will probably end up with stretchmarks and droopy boobies!! But since I no longer run around in cropped tops and hotpants I'm really not that bothered and plenty of under 30's get these too anyway!

Keep your chin up and good luck

xx

I hope you don't mind but that bit about the droopy boobies really made me laugh :haha: I couldn't help thinking: hey, this woman is supposed to be making me feel better :rofl: You look gorgeous minkymoo by the way, can't imagine you ending up with droopy anything :flower:

thanks so much for everyone's replies, it really made me put the comment into perspective XXX:hugs::hugs::hugs:

I couldn't stop myself from commenting on that post - although I managed to hold back from 'oh get over yourself!' and think of something more constructive!

I actually wrote:

"Maybe a lot of us could tell you how old we are to make you feel betterf" and then I hit the back button. I couldn't come up with a normal comment like yours :( You see, the same user said a few days back that she didn't want to hit 30 and be childless. I was like "I am 30 something... I am childless" for days... I think I had just better avoid her posts :wacko:

Oh I will, you just wait. I'll post pics when little one comes as proof but thanks for the compliment.

You wouldn't say that however if you could see me sitting here in a grubby dressing gown with greasy hair lol lol

Calm, i am 43 and believe me you have to try not to let the younger ones get you down as thats just how they felt at the time they posted. We all go through that feeling at times no matter what age we are - now come on lets see that PMA that you are normally seeing each day through with come on PMA , PMA, PMA

Calm, i am 43 and believe me you have to try not to let the younger ones get you down as thats just how they felt at the time they posted. We all go through that feeling at times no matter what age we are - now come on lets see that PMA that you are normally seeing each day through with come on PMA , PMA, PMA

I know, its true.And everyone has their right to their issues XXX

I am 38... and if we did get pregnant and it sticks this time, I'll deliver right around my 39th birthday... we're planning to keep adding to our brood - or trying to - until I am 45. My aunt was 47 when she had her 'oopsy' one and only son ... so, as you can see, you're awfully young to be trying for a baby in your early 30s... are you sure you don't want to live life a little like a 23 year old? :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->