I could cry

No way I wanted to have kids at 23, I was WAY to busy having fun. I love being in my 30s, and having kids now. I am settled and mature and have SO much more to offer my child. I wouldn't change it for anything! Well except maybe a chance to go back to 23 and have more FUN... :D

:jo: THAT is how I felt earlier :haha:

Gonnabeamomma, I've had my fun :haha: I just want all of us to have a sticky bean! XXX

No way I wanted to have kids at 23, I was WAY to busy having fun. I love being in my 30s, and having kids now. I am settled and mature and have SO much more to offer my child. I wouldn't change it for anything! Well except maybe a chance to go back to 23 and have more FUN... :D

I was finishing my degree and going on to do a postgraduate when I was 23. It never occurred to me to want kids then I must admit.

While I'm obviously not in my thirties, my mom was 35 when she had me and 37 when she had my brother (and with both of us she concieved within the first month of trying). And this was twenty years ago! She said she loved having us later in life, that she had a great career and could take time off. And even now, in her late fifties, she acts and looks like she is 40 :haha:

You really DO have plenty of time hun.

Dont let it get to you. 23 is way too young to be saying that (in my opinion)! Im 36 and TTC number 1. I think mid 30s is the best time to have one because, with me anyway, I just feel ready.

I wondered if I have left it too late but, hun, we have decided to try now so now is the right time for us so stop worrying about other people and enjoy the experience! :flower:

Ive just ordered a CBFM to help me along :thumbup:

Lets hope for BFP as soon as possible!

Marie x:hugs:

I hope you don't mind me jumping in (I am going to go and read the other thread). I just wanted to give my perspective, after saying I do think that 23 is not an age to be feeling too old.

I am 24 and TTC #1. BUT my OH is 5 years older than me. We intend to leave a 5 year age gap, so the first one is in school and we have more time for the second one (and the financial side too). If we got pregnant now, DH would be nearly 30 when baby came, 35 before we could start trying for number 2. IF, after those two we decided to have a third and wait another 5 years, he would be 40 and I would be 35.

I know that it is different for men in terms of health, but he wants to be a dad that can keep up. Whilst I am not thinking I am getting old for TTC, I am thinking to the future. I have been to Uni and done my partying. We have been together almost 7 years and married for 2. We are both ready.

It is different for everyone, we all have our reasons.

I mean no harm by this, just a different perspective. Right, now I am off to read the OP.

I hope you don't mind me jumping in (I am going to go and read the other thread). I just wanted to give my perspective, after saying I do think that 23 is not an age to be feeling too old.

I am 24 and TTC #1. BUT my OH is 5 years older than me. We intend to leave a 5 year age gap, so the first one is in school and we have more time for the second one (and the financial side too). If we got pregnant now, DH would be nearly 30 when baby came, 35 before we could start trying for number 2. IF, after those two we decided to have a third and wait another 5 years, he would be 40 and I would be 35.

I know that it is different for men in terms of health, but he wants to be a dad that can keep up. Whilst I am not thinking I am getting old for TTC, I am thinking to the future. I have been to Uni and done my partying. We have been together almost 7 years and married for 2. We are both ready.

It is different for everyone, we all have our reasons.

I mean no harm by this, just a different perspective. Right, now I am off to read the OP.

You may be young hun but you have got a good attitude. Im quite envious now! I wish I had planned things differently but its not too late for me (I hope)or any of us in our 30s lol Best of luck to you and all TTC :hugs:

Well let me tell you I was 38 when I conceived my first child on my first cycle and i'll be 40/41 when trying for my second :) It's a massive head game ttc in your 30's, the truth is most likely you will conceive, the odds are still in your favour. And I don't feel old in any regard, well 'cept when I've been up all night with the baby ;)

gonnabeamomma, your aunt gives me great hope xx thank you xx

I don't want to belittle anyones desires to have children, but I think B&B really needs to provide more places for women in different stages of fertility. Women in their 20s often don't have much in common with women in their 30s/40s, and haven't developed that 'tact' switch - it was one of the reasons I stopped hanging out at B&B, too many young 'uns in TTC banging on about every fracking symptom and declaring 'I finally got my BFP' after only three months of trying. To us old hens it can be a bit disheartening - BTW for any of my buds, under 30 who read this, you know who you are and I love you dearly.

Calm sweetie, you are always there with a nice word, you float around the forums sprinkling your happiness, once it's your turn, I hope you do get a speedy :bfp:

Keep your chin you chuck :flower:

Calm sweetie, you are always there with a nice word, you float around the forums sprinkling your happiness, once it's your turn, I hope you do get a speedy BFP

Ohhh that was such a lovely thing to say, thank you!!! Talking of sprinkling, here is some dust for you :dust: May it bring you a super speedy BFP and a very sticky bean XXX

Wow, what a strange perspective to have at age 23. I can see someone feeling ready to start a family at 23, but to feel too old???? well, that is odd.

I had my first (who is now 16!) when I was barely 26, my 2nd at 27 (almost 28...he is now 14) and my third a week after I turned 30 (she is 12). I don't think I was a bad mom. We planned our first and I was over the moon with her! I have always loved my kids and made them my biggest priority, but there are things I would have done differently...and I think better... had I been older. My attitude at 42 with this one I am carrying is so much more appreciative, and now I KNOW how fast they grow up! I will not be wishing stages away and hurrying things along like I tended to do when I was younger and less patient. Those days will be all-too-short as it is.

Well goodness me - I cant even remember 23 let alone thinking I was too old to have kids. (Too old, sheesh)

Each to their own, I suppose. :shrug: I imagine she didnt realise there are LOTS and LOTS of women in the pregnancy forums who are a LOT older than than that. Me im 37 and will be 38 when LO is born (hopefully) and im damn glad I didnt have children when I was 23 when not only was I seriously not ready I wouldnt have had them with my DH.

Mizze xx

My mum was 23 when she had me actually. I don't see absolutely anything wrong with the age for having a bubba, I just don't understand how it could be considered getting old.I think maybe in Jane Austen's time if you were childless at 23 maybe you could be consided old, but then again, you did pop off at 40 something, 50 if lucky. XXX

Calm sweetie, you are always there with a nice word, you float around the forums sprinkling your happiness, once it's your turn, I hope you do get a speedy :bfp:

I agree with this Calm.

I guess the thing to remember is that broodiness and that desire to have children is not logical and it can make you feel things that maybe in your head you know isn't really true.And maybe if the person who started the thread already had lots of people around her with babies then it could easily make someone feel left behind and like she was getting too old...Just thought I'd add a different perspective.
:hugs:

Can I jump in now too :haha: I'm 31 had ds at 30 my husband turned 50 this year and we're in a surprise tww but officially going to try again after Christmas. Just wanted to say at 23 I was out clubbing having the time of my life (also meeting my husband) and I'm so glad I waited. We are all different, but I now have money, several promotions under my belt and a house to fill with my growing family, I know many get there quicker than we have but I don't ever regret waiting. For us we feel we make better parents now, as before, for us, we weren't mentally ready (that's not to say others aren't of course). Some may think having an older husband, and of course he's an older Dad, is a challenge in itself but it works well for us and our son, and with a bit of fun and luck, one more!!! Just ignore everyone else HON, we are all different.

I agree with this Calm.

I guess the thing to remember is that broodiness and that desire to have children is not logical and it can make you feel things that maybe in your head you know isn't really true.And maybe if the person who started the thread already had lots of people around her with babies then it could easily make someone feel left behind and like she was getting too old...Just thought I'd add a different perspective.

Thanks Jenny :hugs: Yes, I do agree that broodiness can do awful things to us, we turn into monsters haha! I am actually one of those people that see all sides of the prism, but I think that particular thread just hit a nerve on a bad day. By the way Jenny, why don't you post in the celeb lookalike post in the girlie sanctuary? Go oooonnn XXXX

i know what you mean, i'm 37 and still trying, any suggestions would be great.

i know what you mean, i'm 37 and still trying, any suggestions would be great.

Got our bfp first month using preseed so did my friend forever3 were both in our thirties, I have a stack waiting for us when we start trying seriously again after Christmas.

I'm glad you're feeling better, but here's something to hold on to - YOU are not the one being stupid - that other girl is! Gimme a break. 23? puh-leeze. She may feel like she's getting old for where she wanted to be in her master life plan by now, but she's too immature to realize that she sounds like an a$$ saying so. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->