I could kill my brother right now! RANT.

xAmiixLouisex

Mommy! <3
Reaction score
There was a 10 year old boy abducted in my area a few days ago. Luckily today he was found and he was ok and the kidnappers have been arrested. It generally scares the life out of me when things like this happen anywhere, nevermind in my town!

So anyway, my 16, almost 17 year old brother went to his girlfriends tonight an she lives pretty far. It takes 3 hours to walk to her house. My mom usually expects him in for 11 latest. But, she worries about him a lot because he's not very streetwise. He only recently started going out and although he's only 4 years younger than me I worry a lot too. Round here is full of wonnabee thugs, I don't feel as intimidated because I went to school with most of the idiots. It got to around half 11 and my mom was calling him, he switched his phone off! Knowing no buses were running anymore she started to panic about him walking home. He turned his phone on and text me at midnight saying "Tell mom to stop worrying, I'm at Beckys". I started ringing his phone, because yeah fair enough he was at his girlfriends and he was safe. But, how the hell was he getting home?! He switched it off, again! So we've sat here until now. Watching out the window just waiting for him to come home. Not knowing where his girlfriend lives, we couldn't exactly drive there. He strolls in 5 mins ago (quarter to 1) like it was nothing! Not understanding what we were worrying over :dohh: Thank God! His girlfriends dad dropped him home. But he could of at least told us this! Rather than sitting up worrying about him. I'm so annoyed :growlmad: Don't know if I'm over reacting, but I guess it just really shows. You never stop worrying!

I don't blame you at all! I too would have been out of my mind with worry! Especially as I saw a documentary on TV last night about this famous case from the 80s were boys got abducted and well you can imagine! I am glad your bro is ok though and hopefully you can convince him that you weren't just being uncool but that he is really lucky to have ppl who love him and worry about him. xxx :hugs:

Yeah I think this is why he wouldn't answer the phone. Didn't want his mommy or his sister calling to check up on his because it wouldn't look cool. I was kinda the same at his age. Gonna try and drum it into him how worrying it really is though. Maybe add a little guilt trip about causing me stress through pregnancy :blush: lol. xx

i just read that on bbc news abt the little boy. glad they got the guy . my oldest son is 20 and i still worry . he moved down south to live with my sister and train as a chef . if i dont hear i panic so its tru u never stop :flower:

that's what I did at his age when I was trying to get laid :blush:

.. send a text, "I'm okay" - then turn off my phone so I wouldn't be disturbed :dohh:

I think all kids should know self defense though.. I've carried pepper-spray on me for years, and if you're worried about it - I'd buy him some! I also have knives that I carry on me if I'm walking anywhere at night, or somewhere by myself. Hand in jacket pocket, with either a knife in my hand.. or pepper spray - you can't trust people! Being a woman, you can get away with having weapons though!

I have a little brother too and no matter how genius he is, he has no common sense or street smarts - but, he lives in a very small rural community with my mom.. so I don't worry about him, haha.

Pepper spray and carrying knives (larger than a pocket knife) is illegal over here as far as I know. Would you believe that a woman who sprays an attacker with pepper spray has to prove that she was in physical danger or she will get into trouble and not her attacker? Great eh?

Brothers......Can't live with them; yet you can't live without them. Boys will be boys...:-0 I would be the same as you!

Pepper spray and carrying knives (larger than a pocket knife) is illegal over here as far as I know. Would you believe that a woman who sprays an attacker with pepper spray has to prove that she was in physical danger or she will get into trouble and not her attacker? Great eh?

wow - really? :wacko:

so they expect for a woman to not fight back either? what do they tell you? "if a man abducts you and tries to rape you.. just lay back and relax, if you injure him he could charge you with assault."

lmao.

wow - really? :wacko:

so they expect for a woman to not fight back either? what do they tell you? "if a man abducts you and tries to rape you.. just lay back and relax, if you injure him he could charge you with assault."

lmao.

Pretty much! We aren't the most blessed when it comes to public services over here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->