I couldn't be - could I?!

mjemma

Reaction score
I'm having lots of pregnancy symptoms - a small amount of brown blood about 5 days before my period is due, very sore boobs and excessive tiredness.

Except my husband had a vasectomy last year!!

These are all things I was always looking for when TTC but after a diffcult journey getting my two children, I'm now terrified I could be pregnant again.

I know stastically it is very unlikely. Does anyone know someone who has conceived after a vasectomy?

I know someone that has. Was completely unexpected and she went off the pill 3 months after they had the vasectomy she is now nearly due for her 3rd baby.

Yup one of my best friends was nearly 20 weeks along when she found out she was pregnant with her 3rd. Her husband had a vasectomy that I guess didn't take, and her periods were never regular anyway so she didn't think much about it.

I know two ppl our town one found out after Rta and had a little girl 5 months later ,
The other who used to child mind my daughter , she found out she was 6 month after her oh having the op she had a little boy both happy and healthy kids .

Oh wow. I was kind of hoping noone would reply as it was too rare!

I have spent so many months peeing on sticks, praying to be pregnant in the past and now I don't know what to think.

My husband is adamant he doesn't want a third - hence the vasectomy - and I have had two very difficult births with ptsd after the second. But if I am pregnant it would be a bit of a miracle after 2yrs TTC my first so I guess I'll wait a few more days - due on 21st - and see what happens.

Good luck I hope u get what ever you wish for , it's not nice when u battled so long for something ( we are in similar circumstances baby before last took 2 years to conceive , then I lost one 2015 decided no more and here I am worried about what oh gonna say etc )

Thankyou. This is not a position I ever thought I might find myself in! But I'm probably just overthinking and AF will turn up soon anyway.

It is possible. It happened to my coworker 1 year ago. They tell you in nursing school to never tell the stories of failed vasectomies because people will start to believe it's reversible and not think about it hard enough before going through with it- but it happens. The snipped part can find it's way back together on it's own! The body is an amazing thing. I've seen rates of 1 in 100 will fail within 5 years after the procedure.
But it's still considered rare at those numbers so don't freak yourself out over it until you have a positive.

I just wanted to update this for anyone searching in the same situation. I wasn't pregnant! It's crazy how our bodies can play tricks on us. I am still a little bit disconcerted by all the stories of getting pregnant after a vasectomy though!

It's somewhere between 1 and 7% of vasectomies are not done quite right so they do allow some sperm to still pass. If you are questioning being pregnancy I would test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->