I did a statistical experiment with the Chinese Gender Chart! I have my results.

bonidee

Reaction score
So last night I was reading another thread on here about the Chinese Gender Chart. I decided to see how accurate it was, so I called on my wonderful Facebook friends to volunteer as many birth dates as possible to come up with a percentage of right and wrong.

After 3 hours of finding volunteers, I ended up with 50 birthdays, which is a pretty good control group for a statistical experiment.

Out of 50 birthdays, the test predicted 43 of them correctly, 7 incorrectly. 43 divided by 50 is .83, making the test 83% effective according to my experiment.

Of course, as we know this number could have changed based on how many people I used, but i noticed a pattern as well. i would get a long string of correct predictions and then a block of about 2 or 3 incorrect all at once.

Another interesting note, the times it was incorrect was always for siblings, for example:

I asked my friend for his and his siblings birthdays, it was correct for him, incorrect for both of his siblings. Same thing with my friend Kayla, correct for her, incorrect for both siblings. It was also incorrect for my aunt and both of her kids, but correct for her brother. I doubt that has anything to do with the test but i thought it was interesting. It was never wrong for people who provided me a single birthday.

Interesting :thumbup: It was right about my son, it says this time i will have a girl

Hmmm it was wrong for my first baby...said I would have a girl...and had a boy...THIS time around it says I'm having a boy so maybe that means I'm having a girl this time around!

I always thought the Chinese Gender Chart had very good accuracy, and then when I heard about the Brazilian gender prediction test I tried it on everyone I could think of, and it was RIGHT for EVERYONE. Crazy! You might want to do a little experiment with this one too. I'm thinking if you use both tests and you get the same result, you can pretty much count on it being right. I love experiments like this. Let me know if you find out anything more!

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...d-wives-tales-gender-prediction-test-try.html

I always thought the Chinese Gender Chart had very good accuracy, and then when I heard about the Brazilian gender prediction test I tried it on everyone I could think of, and it was RIGHT for EVERYONE. Crazy! You might want to do a little experiment with this one too. I'm thinking if you use both tests and you get the same result, you can pretty much count on it being right. I love experiments like this. Let me know if you find out anything more!

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...d-wives-tales-gender-prediction-test-try.html

oh man now i'm going to be putting in these birthdays all day again lol

Interesting. Cool that you did some statistics...I googled the chart. It was wrong with my first baby. Said I would have a boy and I had a girl..this time its saying I will have a girl. Maybe I am just opposite and I will have a boy! hehe

By the way, Chinese chart was right with my first, and so was the Brazilian test! For this time, both are saying girl, so we'll see!

Thanks for this! Really interesting to know :thumbup: I must say though that I'm surprised how accurate it was. It says girl for me so I'll have to wait and see :happydance:

Well mine is: 20th Oct = Even Even = Girl
I'll let you know after my 20 wk scan.... :winkwink:

What are the websites for the brazilian and chinese gender charts :)? x

Depends on which Chinese Chart and if you used mothers lunar age?? I use this one https://mypage.direct.ca/j/jfeng/gender.htm .

Me and my 6 siblings were correct, as were my two kids, my sister in laws two kids, my 3 other friends kids, and heaps of others, but then it was wrong for one friend who is meant to have two boys but has two girls. I would say at least 80 percent accurate tho. So weird, dont know how it does it. I dont usually believe in weird charts etc but this is just too accurate to be untrue! Im predicted a girl this time so we'll see...

(p.s the Brazilian one was wrong for both)

Really interesting! I'm gonna try it now... And the Brazilian was accurate for me and my fella :) Thanks ladies x

Boy.. And on another...girl :/

Are there different charts?

On the Chinese Gender Calendar you're using their Lunar ages correct? It always says to use the Mother's lunar age.....when doing that it's wrong for me...if I just use my actual age it was right for my first 3 being boys.....this time says girl......but I don't know what I'm having yet!

The brazilian one is the same! Right about my son and says this one will be a girl! Every little 'test' thing i do says this will be a girl lol

Depends on which Chinese Chart and if you used mothers lunar age?? I use this one https://mypage.direct.ca/j/jfeng/gender.htm .

Me and my 6 siblings were correct, as were my two kids, my sister in laws two kids, my 3 other friends kids, and heaps of others, but then it was wrong for one friend who is meant to have two boys but has two girls. I would say at least 80 percent accurate tho. So weird, dont know how it does it. I dont usually believe in weird charts etc but this is just too accurate to be untrue! Im predicted a girl this time so we'll see...

(p.s the Brazilian one was wrong for both)

That one was wrong with me. I used another chart and it gae me the right one. This one looks nothing like what I did.

So last night I was reading another thread on here about the Chinese Gender Chart. I decided to see how accurate it was, so I called on my wonderful Facebook friends to volunteer as many birth dates as possible to come up with a percentage of right and wrong.

After 3 hours of finding volunteers, I ended up with 50 birthdays, which is a pretty good control group for a statistical experiment.

Out of 50 birthdays, the test predicted 43 of them correctly, 7 incorrectly. 43 divided by 50 is .83, making the test 83% effective according to my experiment.

Of course, as we know this number could have changed based on how many people I used, but i noticed a pattern as well. i would get a long string of correct predictions and then a block of about 2 or 3 incorrect all at once.

Another interesting note, the times it was incorrect was always for siblings, for example:

I asked my friend for his and his siblings birthdays, it was correct for him, incorrect for both of his siblings. Same thing with my friend Kayla, correct for her, incorrect for both siblings. It was also incorrect for my aunt and both of her kids, but correct for her brother. I doubt that has anything to do with the test but i thought it was interesting. It was never wrong for people who provided me a single birthday.

Which chart did you use, do you have a link?

The brazillian tells me boy and chinese tells me girl lol :wacko:

Well like I said earlier, the chinese one was wrong about my daughter. Tried the brazillion one and it was right about her! Saying I will have a girl again...we will see after a couple months! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->