I didn't think I'd feel this way :(

Spiffynoodles

4 kids 4 and under
Reaction score
So we were planning on staying team yellow, but through an accident I just found out today that we're having a boy.

I had been 100% sure we were having another girl, and I guess I never realized how attached I had grown to that "daughter" I thought we were having. We had a name picked out for her that I absolutely loved (whereas I can't seem to find a single boys name that I like), and I was so happy that my DD would have a sister close in age, since I never had a sister and always wanted one.

But now I feel like I lost that daughter, as silly as that sounds. I've just been bawling all evening and feel terrible that I feel this way, when I should be so happy to having a healthy baby. :cry:

Massive hugs to you sweetie, it's not silly at all. I can't imagine being sure you were having one gender for it then to go the other way - both times I've been almost certain we were having boys which they turned out to be. I know I've heard lots of people on these pages say you need to grieve for the child you've 'lost'. It doesn't mean you'll love your son any less

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->