I don't know what to expect

Jmxswack

Reaction score
Hello, I started having major and incredibly painful bloating and cramping two days ago at 6 weeks and 4 days. The next morning I called the doctor. I was not having any bleeding but they had me schedule an ultrasound that afternoon just to be safe.

I started bleeding around noon and then at my ultrasound at 3:00 there was nothing there. Full lining, but no embryo or sack.

They thought maybe I had already passed it since I had been bleeding, and my tubes looked clear.

That night (last night) I was up with my husband in fairly intense pain. Like guttural animal noises moaning pain after taking 1000mg of ibuprofen. For hours I had to have him apply pressure to the small of my back while my entire abdomen cramped to get some sort of relief. I also had a heating pad on my front.

The thing is, a lot of the stories I have read women talk about bleeding an amount they didn't know was possible. I have bled very little. If I wasn't changing them just to be sanitary and comfortable, I would probably only have filled one pad. However, everytime I stand up or go to pee, I am passing lots of quater sized clots into the toilet. Along with a lot of blood. It hasn't been much like a period at all as far as being liquids enough to fill pads.

About two hours ago I passed two large clots (about the size of a mouse each) and since then have only had smears of blood when I wiped.

It is normal for it to start and stop? Can I expect this to get worse? Is it routine to get another ultrasound to make sure everything is coming out or do I have to request that?

When I went to my normal ob/gyno today a nurse just drew my blood. No doctor came and explained anything and the doctor at the ultrasound clinic was not at all helpful. He kept asking if I was sure I had my dates right and if I was sure I had had a positive pregnancy test (my most recent positive was on Sat at 6+1 and darker than the control. I kept taking tests because I was nervous about having a mc).

I am going on a cross country trip at the end of next week, and while I anticipate that I will still be experiencing some bleeding and symptoms (I've read it's common to bleed for weeks sometimes) I am terrified of something horrible happening because I didn't know what to expect and being in a strange place.

Will I most likely have days of intense pain like I had last night? Since then I've had moderate to severe period like cramps. Nothing like I had last night.

Will the bleeding stop and start?

How much tissue can I expect to pass? I feel like it's not as much as I read.

Sorry for the long post. Thanks for sticking it out if you read this far.

I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs: I wasn't as far along I was 5+1, I started spotting last sat, and I'm still bleeding pretty heavy now, it's like a very heavy period for me, lots of little clots, Monday was my worse day with some larger clots and bad cramps.
Im back at the hospital on Monday for more bloods tests to make sure my levels have continued to drop. Are you going to back for repeat bloods?
Take it easy, sending you many hugs to you xxx

Yes. They drew my blood yesterday (Thursday) and I'm getting it drawn again Saturday and possibly Monday.

I slept straight through the night last night so I'm hoping that level of pain is behind me.

Right now I'm just trying to adjust to our loss. I'm having a pretty hard time, to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->