I don't know when my "Due Date" is

modo

WAHP
Reaction score
As I was not TTC I don't know when I ovulated. My last period was on the 12 August but my cycles since having Bobby have been between 30-40 days. So I don't actually know how pregnant I am.

This is not a problem for me but I am worried that the "due date" I am given after a scan might be wrong and as a result feel pressure to get another c-section when the baby is "late". Am I making sense :lol:

I had a failed induction at 39 weeks which ended up in a emergency c-section when Bobby's heart rate started to get effected by the induction drugs they gave me. I had reached 5cm at that point.

what was the reason they induced you before 41 wks hun? most women ovulate 14 days or less before the end of their cycle so if you know roughly when you were due on your period then you can kinda work a rough date from there and if you remember when you DTD in those weeks it helps lol.

I stopped feeling Bobby move very much at 38 weeks and tried the doppler which showed no heartrate. I freaked out and went into the hospital I was booked into and they found it with no problems. My private consultant advised us to go in for monitoring everyday and to get an induction at 39 weeks. We talked and decided that the doctor must know what he is doing and we took his advice. I really wish we hadn't :nope:

My period really varied so I am not sure when it was due. I noticed that my cycles were longer after having Bobby but the length varied from month to month. Sometimes it was 31/32 days others it was 37.

We DTD Tuesday 6 September the day before my DH had his operation.

My scan date is 3 days ahead of my ovulation date. I've been told that the scan date is my "official" due date, and basically every health care professional is pretty much ignoring the actual due date based on ovulation. If they are going to hassel me for induction/ repeart C-Section it would happen 14 days after thier due date, but I've already told them I decline induction in favour of monitoring unless there is a problem.

Can they induce you if you had a c-section?!!! I thought it wasn't safe?

After a google apparently it's still done :(

what was the reason they induced you before 41 wks hun? most women ovulate 14 days or less before the end of their cycle so if you know roughly when you were due on your period then you can kinda work a rough date from there and if you remember when you DTD in those weeks it helps lol.

This is only on a 28 day cycle, however I ovulated on day 21-23 of a 28 day cycle, so she wouldn't be able to go by this.

The best bet would be the scans that they have.

There are also ovulation calculators on the web where you put in your cycle length.
Good luck!

I guess I'll just have to go by the scan date and just refuse induction and C-S (unless necessary).

This is only on a 28 day cycle, however I ovulated on day 21-23 of a 28 day cycle, so she wouldn't be able to go by this.

The best bet would be the scans that they have.

Actually regardless of the length of the cycle you usually ovulate 14 from the end of it (not from the beginning unless it is a 28 day cycle) there is some variation (my luteal phase - from ovulation to next cycle is only 11 days) but anything less than 10 days and the egg would not have chance to implant before the next cycle swept it out - short luteal phase is one of the causes of infertility)

However, if you don't know your due date, go by the 12 week scan. It may not be 100% accurate but it will be your best guess. You may not need to be induced unless you get to 42 weeks so I wouldn't worry too much about it!

We DTD the 5 of September but I dont know when I ovulated either, my guess is 2 or 3 days after that. My AF only stopped the 4th September, and I got my BFP on 17 September. I have regular 28 day cycles. My EDD is 1 June so I would imagine you will be very similar.

I got my bfp on the 19th and the lines were very dark. Not sure...

OMG modo!!! i didnt know!! huge congrats hun!!!!!!! i dont know when my dd is either, i could be anywer from 8 to 14 weeks :/ got my scan tomorrow though so hopefully ill get some answers! anyway, good luck!!

Thanks hon. having a scan next week to find out as well. Congrats to you too!!!

let me know how u get on!! x

Sure will do. Scan is on Tuesday at 9.15am. I am rescheduling the private scan to 12 weeks as the NHS need to scan me before I can be referred to the midwife.

I got a scan today and I am apparently 7 weeks and 2 Days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->