I don't know where to post this.. Faintly positive test? Need advice please!!

xo_mdk

Mama of 2
Reaction score
I took an early response pregnancy test yesterday afternoon, and I swore I saw the faintest of lines after about 3 minutes. It was hardly there and I had to look closely to see it, but held up to the light, it was more noticeable. Now this morning, I can still see the line, but I don't have to hold it to the light to see it. I'm freaking out, I'm waiting until tomorrow morning to test again because I don't want to be pregnant. Not right now anyways, I've already got two kids, and my youngest isn't even a year old until the end of this month. Should I take it as a positive and test again to make sure or take it as a negative? I'm so worried.

I would want to be 100% sure if I was pregnant, so if you want to you should test again. Maybe post a picture so others can help confirm for you?

How many days past ovulation are you?

I have no idea when or if I even ovulated this month because I have been breastfeeding for the past 11 months. With both my kids, I never got a full dark line on any test until I was well into my second trimester.

Oh... So I would definitely go to the dr and get a blood test and to see how far along you are.

Have you had any other symptoms?

I've had quite a few symptoms actually, but both my mother and mother in law have said it's all related to breastfeeding. I have been getting my 'period' for the past four months. Even though it's mainly spotting and a bit of light bleeding, really dark, almost brown in colour. I have very sore breasts, but my son has started biting so that would be why. I puke almost daily for the past 2 weeks, I was just feeling like I was going to for a lot longer. I am constantly trying to fit in naps whereever possible, even started making my 3 year old nap when my 11 month old does just so I can try and sleep. & I sleep a good nights sleep everynight. I am always crampy and just like with both my kids, I have a lot of gas. (sorry tmi) ..I keep trying to deny and put everything off as something else because I don't want to be pregnant. I'd keep the baby either way, but both my mother and mother in law want me to have an abortion if I am and my fiance, well.. he's a mama's boy and can't have his own opinion against hers so I'm pretty much stuck on my own. Sorry for ranting, this is the first time I've actually been able to say what's on my mind.

I am so sorry your mom and mother-in-law feel that way, and it is unfortunate your husband is not someone you can go to for support about this. :/ I really hope they are just saying these things because they think it will make you not want another baby right now and they just really want what they think is best for you and your family. Which is not right, because now you're in this situation where you may be pregnant and you're scared and have no one to go to that you know will 100% support you through this.

Your husband has children with you, not his mother, so he should be making his family planning decisions with you, not her. Ultimately, it is your body, your baby, and your decision - if you don't want an abortion then don't let anyone persuade you to have one. Also don't let anyone make you harbor bad feelings about this baby. If you knew everyone would support you and this pregnancy, would you have any of these bad feelings at all? Or would it be an unexpected but welcome surprise?

I really hope that if you are pregnant, they will not be so negative and unsupportive when they find out. If they love the 2 grandchildren you have already given them, they will love this one too - even if initially they are unhappy with the timing of his/her arrival.

Planned or not, don't listen to anybody trying to tell you to get rid of your baby. You are not in a relationship with your mother or mom-in-law for them to have any say so anyway. You are grown. You don't need to surround yourself with such negativity. Family or not. Your significant other needs to have more of a backbone as well. A man can disagree with his mother and respect her at the same time. Other people's opinion should be taken as nothing more than other people's opinion and you all make the ultimate decision regardless of what anybody else has to say. You two are the one's who will have to face the results head on. No one else.

I took two First Response tests when I was due and both were very faint. I had to get a digital test to get a definitive answer as my husband needed convincing.

I really hope you get the result that you want in your heart. I took the mini-pill while I was breastfeeding and didn't get so much as a period until I stopped breastfeeding. However, I do know from other people that breastfeeding doesn't prevent everyone from ovulating.

Take care of yourself. It is normal to be extremely tired with a four month old! I wasn't anywhere near human till my LO was about 6 months. She's 13 months now and I still struggle to hold a sensible conversation with grownups.

Whatever happens, do what is right for you and your family. Neither your mother or your mother-in-law have the right to decide anything for you as it will be for you and your OH to raise a baby if one comes along. If they can't be supportive, surround yourself by people who can be and they will come around. Like I said though - digital tests are the way forward. No lines, just yes/no and a number of weeks likely to have passed already which might help you determine how far along you are if indeed, you are pregnant.

Best of Luck with everything and take care,
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back