I don't like my Parish chapel!

Abigailly

Reaction score
This is so shallow, but I'd always envisaged a beautiful big chapel (we're Catholic), but the church we attend is a horrible looking thing that that was built in the 60s, the inside is 'modern' and the outside is roughcast. M big issue is that it doesn't have an Isle either. :wacko:

I always imagined we'd get married in a big, old church with stained glass windows and statues of the Saints. But the closest one is thenext Parish along.

Has anyone ever got married in a church that isn't in their )or their parent's) Parish? Our priest seems to think it's a rather big deal that I don't want to get married in HIS chapel either... I think I've offended him:haha:

I'm not 100% certain how it works for church weddings but you can definitely get married outside of your parish. You may have to ask a few churches though. Some will only let you if you attend or having a connection to the church but others will accept you whatever (in the hope that you'll start attending their services instead)

PS - it doesn't sound shallow at all x

Not shallow -- understandable x I have had to compramise on the church, too. We have a priest as a family friend who wants to marry us and would mean alot to DF if we allow him too. He has married other family members. However, his church would not be first choice. Inside it is small, pretty, warm feeling and quite intamite which I love -- but it is on a bust road with a TINY garden rather then beautiful grounds -- but none the less,tha id where we will be booking as it is importnat to DF xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->