I don't mean to put a downer on things just need some reasurance!

Although in all honesty I don't think it's just younger mothers to be who feel like this - I think it's first time mums who's life is going to change completely, in reality you don't know what to expect and you can plan as much as you want but babies don't tend to stick by plans LOL! So I think this applies to 16 year old first time mums just as much as 40 year old ones xxx

I fell pregnant at 17, I had my first child, I'm now 20 and have a 2 year old daughter and an (almost) 10 month old son. Honestly, I've never really felt I've been missing out. I think the only thing I do miss is being able to go out of an evening, just to the cinema or something, totally on a whim. I miss doing things on a whim. With kiddies, you have to find someone to have them well in advance. I don't go out much, but OH does, it gets a bit irritating, but I'm a mum and I feel my place is with my children.

I used to think that very early on in my pregnancy but i know now that it was mostly due to me being down all the time because of hormones ect but I don't feel i will miss out and even my own mother said in a way it will benefit me, being pregnant makes you mature SO much so now instead of thinking about stupid little things like my friends, rumors , if my hair is sitting perfect ect, i concentrate more on things like finding a job, saving money, what am i going to be doing with school, where i will be living in a few years time.I am on the straight and narrow and i love it ! And my aunt had her kids at 25 and then at 30 and she regrets it because she still has them living at home and she can't get out and she says she wishes she had them younger !

Honestly, when you have your LO you will think a lot differently. You'll soon see, it's hard because you're pregnant and it may not seem as realistic to you as it will be, but when you have a baby, it is so worth it.

I wouldn't change anything. The only thing I wish I could do is have more time with OH, even with LO there, but it's impossible since we both work and go to school full-time, so we rarely see each other.

I miss it in moments, like when I see my friends from high school out, but then I realize that my life with my daughter means so much more than meaningless partying. That sounds rude but it's true. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->