I dont think hes settled at school....

FEDup1981

Mam of two & two angels
Reaction score
As the title says.

Jack joined that school - into an already established class - the children had moved up from nursery where as Jack went to a different nursery.

Recently hes been upset about the noise at school, and hes always saying he doesnt want to go. He always plays with different kids - like he cant get a strong friendship with a group of children. He doesnt like school. When i left him yesterday i got him dancing with some boys (as they dance to music in a morning) and he kinda had to fight to let him in, they didnt want him to join.

Hes a very polite boy - doesnt fight, boss about etc. I feel hes doing well educationally but socially - which i feel is just as important - he is struggling. Its not nice for any kid not to have a friend at school, and its no wonder he doesnt wanna be there.

Obv i dont see whats going on during the day, but from what he tells me, hes not fitting in :cry:

What should i do?

I'd say the first step would be to talk to the teacher and find out if there is a problem.

Also you could find out the names of one or two children that he likes to play with and invite them around for tea one night? He might find it easier to make friends on his own territory, so to speak.

I'm guessing he's 4 or 5 - try not to worry too much. They do settle down and make friends usually but some take longer than others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->