I don't think I'm cut out for this

love, i don't want to sway your decision at all, but once i'd made the decision to stop bf'ing it felt like a weight was lifted from my shoulders..... hope things get easier, 2 weeks old is probably the hardest bit..... it does get easier love. xx

love, i don't want to sway your decision at all, but once i'd made the decision to stop bf'ing it felt like a weight was lifted from my shoulders..... hope things get easier, 2 weeks old is probably the hardest bit..... it does get easier love. xx

Can you tell me how you stopped breastfeeding please? Im convinced this is what is making me feel so down!

i literally just made the decision to stop and did it. just stopped putting him on the boob and made up some bottles. breastfeeding did my head in. i almost lost my mind. not good for me or him and as soon as i made the decision to stop i felt free. and fin was much much happier. it was the start of some quality bonding for me. do whatever's good for you and whatever makes you feel happy. believe me, your boy will thank you. xx

oh and fin was 2 weeks old when i stopped. xx

what formula did u use? and did u stop in a morning?

iF IT IS A GROWTH SPURT THEN IT'LL TAKE YOUR BODY A WHILE TO CATCH UP WITH THE DEMAND. MAKE SURE YOUR BOOB IS COMPLETEY EMPTY BEFORE PUTTING HIM ON THE OTHER AS ITS THE MILK RIGHT AT THE END OF THE FEED THAT WILL FILL HIM UP - THE THICK STUFF. GIVE THE NIPPLE A SQUEEZE AND IF ANYTHING COMES OUT THEN IT IS NOT EMPTY. PLONK HIM BACK ON ONCEW HE'S BEEN WINDED. IF ALL ELSE FAILS AND YOU DECIDE TO STOP THEN I RECOMMEND APTAMIL FORMULA. IT'S SLIGHTLY MORE EXPENSIVE BUT WORTH EVERY PENNY. THE CHEAPER BRANDS CAN CAUSE MORE PROBLEMS WITH DIGESTION ETC.

what formula did u use? and did u stop in a morning?

i went straight on to aptamil 1, just introduced a few feeds for a couple of days, doesn't have to be at any particular time. but very soon i just ditched the boob!! fin was absolutely more content and so was i. hope you make the right decision for you. pm me if you need any support xx

I'm going through the same thing with Amelie so maybe it's their age? Don't give up BFing, you're doing fab X

do what makes you feel comfortable and keeps you sane.

Hi I can amagine what you are going through, Josh was born 4weeks early 6lb 12oz and was bottle feeding every 2hours day and night. One midwife at hosp would say he's just catching up for being early and another would say dont feed him let him cry, give him a dummy. But you cant starve a new born baby if they are hungry they are hungry and nout you can do about it. Good luck with what every you decide, people say breast is best and no doubt it is but I had no problems bottle feeding and neither did my friends who had babies at the same time.... in fact 2 of them started breast feeding one couldnt do it because it was sore and the other her little boy wasnt getting enough nutrients and he was loosing weight.

Good Luck chic your little baba is gorgeous.......

2 weeks old is the worst age so far! Renah was constantly feeding, and she's FF. They do have a growth spurt around 7-10 days but could just be a few days later. I'm not sure if stopping BF will cut down on clingyness either. I have a very clingy baby on my hands.

*hug* im sorry youre feeling like this hun. mine was like that too at 2 weeks, all i can say though it may not feel like it now.. that things will get better and i hope they do soon for you xx

Hang in their! Its hard work, but it gets better, I promise!

Jasper was feeding EVERY 2 hours, day and night! its an absolutely awful way to start motherhood, but it gets better. Jasper is now 9 weeks old and he's stretching out his feeds now, to between 3-4 hours, every couple of days he'll have a 5 hour night sleep (which is heaven!)

Hang in there! Also, and this is just my opinion, dont give up on the breast feeding just yet, if you can help it. If you want to choose to FF go for it, but if its a matter of giving up on the breast, just hang in there a little longer if you can, it'll be worth it in the long run.

How I survived the frequent feeding was we started co-sleeping, I basically dont get out of bed in the night, in fact, I barely even have to wake up to put him on the boob and fall back to sleep as soon as he's latched... you certainly dont have that freedom with FF!

Maybe to take the pressure off, try expressing milk and have your OH give LO a bottle in the evenings, so you can go to sleep ad get an extra couple of hours uninterupted.

Good luck! :hug:

well ladies ive caved. oh is currently at tesco getting me some bottles and formula after ive been sat here with patrick attached to me for almost 4hours. im still waiting for my steriliser to be delivered though so will just cold water sterilising be ok? ive got some sterilising fluid. im only planning on giving him this bottle on a night like someone suggested.

Formula won't help with the clingyness IMO. Niamh has been formula and then breast fed and has always been clingy.

I haven't read the whole thread, so sorry if I am repeating anyone.

Keep going with the infacol, it builds up over time so you will only really notice a difference after about a week.

Feeding every 2 hours is normal at this age, also babies go through a growth spurt at 3-4 weeks so even on formula he may need to feed more and more often.

Have you thought about taking him into bed with you when he cries, settling him and then putting him back down? Not everyone agrees with this, but it helped us for awhile. Is he in a moses basket? Niamh won't settle in a moses basket but is more than happy to sleep in her swing even if it's not on.

You could try expressing so that your OH could feed him a couple of times in the evening and give you a bit of a break.

Also, try to sleep during the day when he sleeps. The only way I function at the minute is if I cat nap through the day when Niamh does.

:hugs: Hope it gets better for you soon.

don't see it is 'caving' darling. there is a lot of unnecessary pressure to breastfeed but it needn't be so. as long as you and baby are happy, that's mummy's main goal. just see how you feel after you've made the change. if you felt at all like me formula feeding will really suit you and it will make a difference to how you're feeling. it's soooo easy for people just to say 'hang in there', but unless they're with you 24/7, living your life, they don't know how you feel / what you're thinking.

your goal is to get happy and enjoy your boy. xx

its not the clingyness that bothers me its the feeling of been trapped coz im the only one who can feed him and hes been attached to me now for almost 4hours its just a bit much x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->