I dont want him to move!

KarenLV

Reaction score
My husband thinks it's time Skyler moves into his own crib in his own room. He is still co-sleeping with us,but I enjoy it thoroughly.I dont want to be away from him. Especially with my husband always away (due to his work).My Husband thinks if we delay it too long he will never want to move out,but I told him I have never heard of a teenager that wants to sleep in their parents room! You should of seen the look on his face when I said that.LOL!
To be honest,I'm scared of moving him as I dont know if he will adapt to another room.We are so comfortable in our current arrangement. Maybe I'm just looking for excuses?

Hmm I sympathise. It must be hard to go from co-sleeping to being in another room entirely :hugs: I am already dreading the day our LO goes into her cot in her nursery. Feel like I will miss her so much :blush:

Hun, I know you don't want to hear this - I'm just sitting on the fence. But my friends LO is still in her room with her - she is 9 years old!!! She still can't get her to sleep in her own room. She has tried numerous times, to no avail. Just thought I'd throw in the worst case scenario!!
It is hard though, I know. Oliver has been in his own room since he was 3 weeks old - he was just so loud!!! And I still check on him numerous times in the night, even though he sleeps through. I don't know if I could have manged it if we co-slept though. I suppose the longer it gets, the harder it is. You need to do what is right for you - especially if you hubby is away a lot.
Don't know what to suggest - sorry.:hug:

I know people who have 7-8 year olds in their bed, along with them, their husband, and their almost 1 year old! :shock: She said every now and then she can get her son to sleep in his room, but she has to lay in there with him until he falls asleep, and if he wakes in the night he comes to their bed.
I was hoping to get Colton in his bed before he was a year old. But it's so cold right now I dont know how likely that is going to be. Its freezing and I think its warmer with all of us cuddling in the bed. I've heard its worse to move them between 18 and 36 months. So, I'm going to move him over by 18 months hopefully.
OH said he doesn't mind Colton sleeping in our bed until he decides he wants out (even though I know that would change if he was 5/6+ still sleeping in there). However, my main concern is getting Colton to SLEEP on his own, without needing someone there or being held.
Plus, I want to cosleep with all my children when they are young, and therefore I feel it would be best to have Colton sleeping in his own room so there wont be four of us in one bed. :d

From your relationship perspective, if your hubby wants his bed back you may want to consider it... If he is away alot he may just want to be able to come home and snuggle up with his wife and be able to have some private time. Especially when young children demand constant attention in the day...

The one and only person I know who has co-slept has been having ongoing issues getting her 3 (i guess 4 now) year old into her own bed.

Jasmine has been in her own room and crib since 1 week.

However, do what you feel is best. But when your a family you need to think of everyones feelings.

i agree with what people are saying. my husband works away and we co sleep with our toddler, when my husband comes home he always complains that rhys is in our bed (although i know secretly that he likes it too) we've tried to put rhys in his own room but it just doesnt work.

also my friend has a 10year old who still sleep in her bed

I have never been much of a co-sleeper but did a couple of times because I was so tired and Jasmine wouldn't stay on her own, my OH goes mad at me now so its gotten to the stage where I have to bring her downstairs until she gets tired again and goes back to sleep which means im losing sleep but I don't wanna end of fighting again with my OH

to be honest i agree with your husband (sorry hun). I knew of someone who's hubby slept in the spare room while the child was sleeping in the bed with mummy (i think the child was about 3). he went to the child's room to sleep as the baby kicked his legs terribly in his sleep and her husband couldn't get any sleep. I think the child finally went into his own bed aged 8 or 9.

why not try with baby in cot first and then progress to his/her own room?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->