I don't want to go back to work, please help

Jamesy81

Reaction score
I really dont want to go back to work. My hubby says I have to go back to work and that we can't afford for me not to, but I cant bare someone else looking after my LO. I want to be at home when he is growing up, but instead we are going to have to fork out £50 a day for nursery!! 3 times a week!! I would only go back part time, so would probably bring back £850ish per month...which would leave me with £50 per week?! Surely that's not worth it??

I don't think we are entitled to any sort of benefits, by hubby brings home over £25k...

well any advice about what I can do would be very much appreciated...could do with some "arguments" in my defence to give my husband to help me plead my cause about not going back to work!!

Thanks

Even with your hubby earning that. You would get child benefit still and a little tax credits bit not much. Could you argue the cost of you traveling to work and how you would be home to cook to cook him meals saving on shopping. The thought of someone else looking after my daughter makes me feel sick. Luckly for me it wsnt worth it and we now have number 2 on the way. There is no way i could put them both in nursery.

Thanks for replying, I will mention the petrol, buying lunch out etc. see what he says! May even go high tech and do him a little spreadsheet about how its not that beneficial! I have been joking about having baby number 2 so that I don't have to go back to work, but he says we have no room! Granted we only have a 2 bed house, but but but!!! I could go on!

Lol yeah do a spread sheet. Thats bound to impress him. Show him how little you are left with after paying childcare. Its very do able. and then things like having a cooked meal. tidy house. home cooked food . travel expences. Especially with petrol rising.

I've been thinking about this myself although it's still early for me. I've been speaking with people and what they have said tis that the baby needs stability in the home. If you are thinking of taking them to nursery then the child can sometimes get confused about the stable environment. I don't know it's just what some people have said to me so maybe mention this to DH to see what he thinks. It's better to have someone that is loving, caring and in a safe, secure evironment but then again the variety I think can help. A mixture of both worlds I think is a happy medium. Part time working with a day at nursery.... Just a thought.

just a thought.... have you thought about a child minder; they are usually cheaper.

go with you heart, hun

xxx

I calculated it all up for my return, and it is only worth it as we get the childcare vouchers - Which saves us £150 a month. My oH earns over 25k to adn we get £9.95 a week in CTC and the standard £20 for Child benefit. If I was PT it would really only be working for LO to go to nursery.....

i work full time and dont see a penny of my wage but its worth it as alfie gets to go to nursery and loves the place it has helped with his development and also good for my mental health and well being
x

ive decided to be a childminder myself, is that something you can consider?

Say you'll do everything at home, all the cooking, cleaning etc.

Really it doesn't sound like it's worth you going back at all if you'll only be left with $50 at the end of it. What's the point????

I really dont want to go back to work. My hubby says I have to go back to work and that we can't afford for me not to, but I cant bare someone else looking after my LO. I want to be at home when he is growing up, but instead we are going to have to fork out £50 a day for nursery!! 3 times a week!! I would only go back part time, so would probably bring back £850ish per month...which would leave me with £50 per week?! Surely that's not worth it??

I don't think we are entitled to any sort of benefits, by hubby brings home over £25k...

well any advice about what I can do would be very much appreciated...could do with some "arguments" in my defence to give my husband to help me plead my cause about not going back to work!!

Thanks

I'm lucky enough that my husband really support me staying at home with LO even though it means we will have VERY little in the way of money. I started a thread asking for ideas to help. Maybe you might find it useful: https://www.babyandbump.com/work-finance/523160-your-tips-surviving-tight-budget.html

I'm in completely the same position (although my OH doesn't really earn much) and to top it all off I've just been looking at the cost of nursery fees!

I can't bear thinking about leaving my LO with strangers, even if it's just a couple of days a week - I know I wouldn't be able to handle it but I don't think OH understands.

OH wants me to go back to work, but I'd rather just wait until Lily-May is old enough for Pre-School... I just don't feel comfortable leaving her in a nursery.

the spreadsheet is definitely a good idea - also consider the benefits that you will be getting as wll - try not to dismiss your husband or the benefits - at least show him that you have thought about it. Try to sell him the benefits of staying at home as well as the above suggestion and see how that goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->