I feel horrible!!!

sophiehardy

Mummy To Dilyn
Reaction score
Hey all,

Me and my husband, want to try for a 2nd baby, but because of the way my mam reacted when she found out about my first pregnancy i feel that im doing the wrong thing, ive got alot of mixed feelings about having another child, I would love one but knowing how much time it takes to look after them i dont want to stay and do nothing in the house any longer as im wanting to go to college and do something with my life.

does any1 have any suggestions because i just so dont want to upset my mam.
x

I think the question is, what do you want? You can't keep everyone happy (especially not mothers and MILs!) so think about want suits you and your family and everyone else will have to like it or lump it IMHO :D. I can appreciate what your saying about wanting another baby but wanting to do other things first and I bet loads of ladies on here can sympathise too but it's really only you who can decide if the time now is right or not :D Sorry, this probably doesn't help but didn't want to read and run! *HUGS*

She will get over it hun, familys are always the 1st to judge but they do get over it. With my 2nd pregnancy i told my mum a few days before my wedding and her reaction was utterly mortified (because i had pnd with my 1st and she thought i was making a massive mistake) but she got over it and as it happens our familys couldnt have any better relationships.

Dont put your life on hold for the fear of reactions, people adapt and when that bundle of joy comes along how can she be upset xx

thanx for your support, I think its probably because im her only child so she seems to think im going to make massif mistakes. because she only had 1 child so i think she wants me to do the same.

x

My MIL is full of opinions and when I said I'd start TTC again now if I could she kept telling me how a woman she knows who had children close together said it was the biggest mistake of her life! Cheers. Thanks for the vote of convidence. :dohh:

Your LO is super cute btw.

x

lol, u might think im being daft but what does LO mean ??
im a lil bit slow haha x

I suppose your mum (like all mums) just wants what she thinks is best for her daughter, but it is up to you to decide in the end.

Hey hun, LO means little one :)

You have to do what's best for you. You can't please everyone all the time and also what was right for your mum might not be right for you, so really think you need to think about what YOU want and not worry xx

fankoo everyone for you help, its nice having someone else to speak to who have berns themselves. x

I agree with everyone else, i've been told by people i've met 'oh you should wait a while before you have another one' well its none of their buisness.. you have to do whats right for your family :)

yeh i suppose, because realistically i would want to have my son and the 2nd baby to be close together around about the same age. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->