I feel horrible

umm NOPE.... from my understanding CIO is just that, letting them CIO with no source of comfort etc. and leaving them to cry.

Wheras cc you try and settle them in other ways then picking them up and nursing or feeding them back to sleep. IE: using a modile, or aquarium, or comforting sounds... or singing, belly rubbing etc. The point of it is to try and make them comfortable and teach that the crib is a safe place.

I used to think CIO was just leaving them too, but then I found out different. My understanding is that CC the only thing you do is pat them and whisper to them.

Of course I guess these types of methods are reserved for the cruel, "un-natural" parents who dont nurse their babies to sleep until they are two.

Sorry for even bothering to reply.

:dohh: Comments like this are why you are on my ignore list.
:ignore:

WOW, no crying at all tonight. I nursed him, we rocked for a bit. Then I laid him down, put his blanket over him, gave him a kiss and left. I can't believe it.

Yay, I'm pleased it's getting better for you :D Well done you and Brenn :hugs:

Yay well done!

Could he have a word with Leo and tell him how this 'sleep' thing is supposed to go?? :rofl:

Yay well done!

Could he have a word with Leo and tell him how this 'sleep' thing is supposed to go?? :rofl:

Well the whole story is that Brenn doesn't stay asleep. he still wakes every 2-3 hours. late night he woke up 4 times between 9-10. I kept trying to putting back in the crib, but he would be crying after 10-15 minutes. Grrr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->