I feel like baby will be early...

BethMaassen

Mom to 2 Princesses
Reaction score
I am 35+1 weeks and I am overwhelmed by the feeling that baby will b earlier than her EDD. I know as long as I make it to 37 weeks she is technically full-term. But, I do not want her to come early. I want her to stay put until her EDD. Or within a day or two either before or after.

She is due Christmas Day. But there is this increasing nagging feeling i have that tells me, I will be lucky is stays put for my last sonogram at 37weeks. It is possible my mother put the idea in my head in the past 2 weeks because baby dropped. And she has dropped even further since.

When I talk to her about the pressure in my pelvic region and hips. How difficult it can be to walk and stand because of the pressure. How Climbing stairs is nearing impossible. Or even how sitting because of the pressure can be painful. I have not really discussed BHs with her. Or anything else... But for the information I have given her, she deduced I would have no more than a few weeks.

A friend of mine does not even think I'll make it one more week for the same reasons!

I am well aware that baby can still go back up.

BH's seem to be a bit more intense lately. But still not painful.. nor very often. And I have not lost my plug or any part of it yet, at least not that I have noticed.

Last night something happened that I didn't experience with DD, After I finished cooking dinner and serving everyone baby moved against my bladder and cervix in such a way that is was quite uncomfortable... It happened several times during the night and during the day today. I have no idea what it means, if anything. Also whatever she is doing in there has caused my to have some serious heartburn last night that resulted in a sour stomach, and I have been feeling nauseous all day. I am not sure how I am keeping anything down.

Anyway. I am not sure if anything I am experiencing means ANYTHING. As far as dilation and effacement, I will probably be finding out where I am at my prenatal appointment on Wednesday, and if not then the week after,

im currently 36+3 and everyone keeps saying i wont make it till my scheduled c-sec!!! ive had loads of period like cramps bh's and some muccous plug come away and still nothing lol i feel hes dropped since yesterday the sharp pains in my cervix ive been having for weeks their really sore i heard it was maybe baby engaging/getting comfy but who knows! i have the midwife on friday so will maybe ask her to check if anything has been happening down there lol x

My sister dropped with baby no. 2 at 32 weeks...and dropped LOW. Don't worry too much about it...my doctor told me my LO would be 3-4 weeks early, and then (when that didn't happen) that I wouldn't make Thanksgiving. She's still in there...and I'm 39 weeks tomorrow. :/

That gives me some hope she will stay put!

Although tonight before heading down to make dinner I was nursing DD, and I got some pretty good BH, They hurt. but not too bad. It didn't happen during her bedtime nursing. I never experienced any of this with DD so it is all new for me.

I can't chime in too seriously, because I'm a ftm, so it could all be a fluke for me, I've had most of the same signs since 33/34 weeks. At my shower at 34 weeks my friends/family were taking bets and no one seemed to think I'd make it.

I'm still pregnant, and from my appointment Thursday, the doc has told me that while he's low/engaged, he's not going anywhere anytime soon. (No dialating, minimal softening)

Gosh i hope she's wrong.

Same! Second one here and when I bend over I can feel so much pressure!

i have constant cramping that i actually feel in my thighs and tightening and still nothing! ive got my next midwife appointment on friday hopefully even tho im scheduled for c-sec she will still maybe check to see if anything has been happening down there 😬 x

Tina - I hope she is wrong too! First babies are usually late, so I wouldn't put too much thought into it. Mine was born at 41 weeks via emcs due to failure to progress. But had we just left well enough alone and I did not agree to an induction because baby was measuring big, that may not of happened.

Claire - she might check. I know I would if a doctor or midwife just to check things to have some idea if you would make it to your c-section date. But that's my logic. LOL.

I have my next visit with my doctor on Wednesday. I am hoping I will get some answers then. I am hoping there will be dilation and effacement, seeing as I am aiming for a unmedicated VBAC for this one.

i will ask if she will check so i know if what im feeling is my body doing things because i hate not knowing wish i could look up there myself :)) last time checked baby wasnt engaged hes still free but my pubic bone aches as if its all bruised why is that? also ladies what is a VBAC :/

i will ask if she will check so i know if what im feeling is my body doing things because i hate not knowing wish i could look up there myself :)) last time checked baby wasnt engaged hes still free but my pubic bone aches as if its all bruised why is that? also ladies what is a VBAC :/

VBAC - Vaginal birth after cesarean.

My first was born via an emergency cesarean. And my doctor wanted me to schedule a repeat cesarean when I got pregnant this time. And I refused. And continue to refuse, even though she has already doomed me to a cesarean because of the way my first birth went, which was a huge fear induced fluke.

Perhaps your pelvic bone feels bruised because he is banging up against it? My mother tells me stories about when she was pregnant with my sister, my sister got her little fist wedged in her pelvic bone. I can only imagine because babies can get quite violent to our internals, our pelvic bones are far from safe from the abuse as well..

I hate not knowing as well! I want to know what is going on down there. But I am probably going to be checked at my weekly prenatal appointments from this next one onward, so although I dread that, I am looking forward to knowing what is going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->