I feel like punching a fricken wall down!

Samiam03

Reaction score
This is so ridiculous and I feel like curling up and sobbing. I just found a huge bald spot on the side of my damn head! I thought my hair loss was slowing down but obviously not! Everyone said this was supposed to stop by now.

I have yet another doctors appointment next week to look at it and test my thyroid again. If they say it is normal and my hair loss is just pp loss I am going to crap myself! My hair is so thin and I have several bald spots. I look like a friggen chemo patient. :cry:

Someone please give me hope this will get better!

:cry::cry::cry:

When did you first notice the hair thinning (ie how many months pp)? I had thinning hair a couple of years ago caused by extreme stress ...it was a horrible nightmare and I can totally sympathise. Big hug to you. If your hair loss is pp hair loss it can certainly take a couple of months to fall out, and a couple of months to even begin growing back, because essentially the hair growth cycle is interrupted. However lots of things can cause hair loss so getting appropriate tests done is a good idea.

My acupuncturist says that sufficient sleep, 'you' time and low stress are all important factors in encouraging hair growth.

Good luck.xx

I didn't even realise that hair loss & PP were connected.
the past few months, I've been losing massive chunks of hair when I wash it. instead of a few strands.. it's clumps and clumps.
Thank you for posting this - I hope you're feeling a bit better about things.
x

I had the same thing happen after the birth of my son daughter. It lasted at least a year. The worst was the chunk that came out at my hairline. I had so many tests done. Everything kept coming back fine. By the time I got pregnant with our son, it had finally grew back a little, but it would start to grow back in and fall back out. I had to find ways to hid it with parting my hair. It has finally grown back enough to cover it and not be noticeable, but I worry all the time about it falling out again. I wont let anyone touch my hair there. When DH rubs my head, Im constantly telling him not to touch my hair line out of fear he will rub the hair out from that spot (it grew back in very thin).

I had hair loss before pregnancy. I had hormones and thyroid and vitamin level tests, everything was fine. I'd say that's the first step to try then maybe a dermatologist... But mine was for no apparent reason. I wouldn't be around anyone (even OH) when my hair was wet because you could see my whole head. And that included wearing mousse or spray or curls... my head just showed through and I'm super pale with dark hair, so bad look lol.

I started taking prenatal vitamins even though I wasn't pregnant.... that helped for a while, but the iron was bothering me so I switched to regular and just added extra vitamin D. I also started taking Biosil (silica) drops. You can't take them while pregnant or breastfeeding though. But... they were amazing... After 3 months, my hair was almost back to normal so I stopped and the growth stayed. My hair line is still a little wider, but doesn't look noticeable to others anymore (I don't think).

I'm not sure what helped most or if it was all of them. I've also heard Omega 3s can help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->