I feel like such a bad person!

at my work your not allowed back before 48 hours but I work in the labour ward. I dont go by the exact guidelines of time but do try and stick to roughly the time. tbh sometimes I keep them off longer just deoends how there feeling. my kids dont go to school yet though so could all change

I came clean to the mum on the school run today and she was totally understanding and there's no hard feelings and our children are still best friends and she's invited my daughter over for Sunday dinner so I'm glad it turned out well. I know we all have our own experiences and what not and that's fine, this wasn't meant to offend anyone or judge you I was just expressing my guilt really and wanting someone to make me feel better lol. I couldn't of lives with myself if anything happened to this little one though.

Thank you all for your input. Really appreciate it xx

Stomach bugs don't just spread because people don't quarantine for 48 hours, it can take up to 48 hours to get symptoms but can spread it before that if you don't wash your hands after going to the toilet, which lets face children aren't as good at which is why they always spread stuff so much between each other, so it's not all about being contagious afterwards. I don't know any adults that wait 48 hours after the last bout of sickness before returning to work, life just doesn't work like that for everyone?

My staff aren't allowed in work for 48hrs after they have been ill it's made very clear to them and if they come to work they are given a warning.

I just wanted to offer some advice incase it was the vomiting!! If you google vinegar for the bug you will find some articles about how drinking a cap full of vinegar can kill the bug in the belly! Since finding that out I have managed to miss all the bugs, the smaller children have been ill but me and the older children who dont mind drinking a little vinegar have managed to skip the bowl for about 3 runs of bug in the house. For us, if someone in the house has bug we have a precautionary capful, and if we know we have the belly ache a capful again keeps it at bay for a good few more hours and so on. I think the science is, the bug wants to multiply so sits on your food in your belly, slows your digestion and aggravates your stomach to be able to come out and breed! So if you can use vinegar to kill the bug on your work tops, then a capful kills enough in your belly to stop the aggravation, hence no vomiting! Dont try more than a capful as you can give yourself a headache, but a capful every couple of hours has showed real miracles around here :)

I want to kiss you for this advice! What kind of vinegar? How often? Just as one child starts vomitting?

As for the post if my child was sick Saturday night but well the Sunday (with no runny tummy) I would send them in Monday, I'm not letting them lose a day off school and me a day off work for precaution when they are perfectly well, my eldest especially bounces back from a stomach bug very quickly, my youngest is a little different we have to use our own common sense. I wouldn't have said anything to my child because I know what he's like he would tell everyone they can't play with X, but I do totally understand your fear, as soon as I hear there is a bug going around I feel nauseous, I hate my children being ill and I really hate it too.
your child might bounce back but the guide lines are there for a reason cos there still contagious and could pass it on to a child who might not bounce back as quickly or might have u dwrlying health problems.

op i woukd have done the same. hope your lo doesnt catch it.

Im sorry but I am a full time working mother commuting an expensive 90 miles round trip a day with a military husband who is often sent away or told "service to country before self" so is not allowed to take the time off so it all falls on me. It also means we move around the country so I have no family around me to help and currently no friends having just relocated our entire lives all over again. It costs me £90 a day to get to work and if I can't go in that day I am not paid so I have paid out £90 to not work, money I do not have, you can judge me all you want and try to guilt trip me about spreading germs but I live in the real world, I am a real person who loves my children and would never wish harm on anyone but if my child is healthy he is going to school on the Monday, losing £90 and a full day of education because of the sake of 12 hours is unrealistic. I have a family to think about just as everyone else does, if people want this addressing talk to the government about parental rights in the work place, especially in the bloody military!!!!!!!!

You might be a busy working mum but so are most people your not the only one you made the choice to marry someone in the military and plenty of other people have husbands or mums who work away that is still not a excuse that you don't have to follow the guidelines. Other people jumped on mummy love but you do exactly the same so it's unfair to single her out. What ever your reasons are you don't responisbily follow the guidelines that are put in place for a reason.:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->