I feel like such a crappy mum

worrying

Reaction score
My poor little 3 yo girl is being so good but must have no clue what's happening. I have always taken her out every day to the park, or toddler group, or some other activity. We would play most of the afternoon, always busy!

Guys I have not been able to get up off the couch for 3 weeks. I'm so sick and weak. I just have the TV on and give her pots and pans or little activities to do at home. My husband does loads with her at the weekend, but I feel so guilty. Every morning she asks where we're going today and I just want to cry because I'm too sick to take her out. :cry:

I had HG when I was pregnant with my daughter, and am back on the meds this time too. When we discussed having a second my husband assured me that if I struggled again he would take sick leave to help with her... But here we are, and here he bloody isn't.

I feel so guilty, so let down, and so, so sick. :cry:

:hugs: It's okay. You're not a bad parent for suffering and having to take it easy for a while. I've been through this quite a few times. I don't allow TV watching (we do a monthly movie night), but I do have a LeapReader pen and their books that the kids spent quite a bit of time on in the first trimester. I also kept a trampoline in my living room for all of my kids to jump on when they were antsy. I also let them have a bin filled with hundreds of Matchbox cars, and dolls with all sorts of accessories, and just tons of puzzles and toys that they can play with on their own. Independent play is a woooooonderful thing for little ones anyway. Just think of it as that. ;)

I understand this so much! I've been so moody and sometimes lose my patience so easily with DD and she's only 2! I feel horrible and it breaks my heart when she just stars out the window or door wanting to go outside but it's just so miserably hot here and I'm too tired and stuff to go out there. I feel like the worst mom!

honestly dont worry too much, its not going to be forever. Its horrible feeling crap and my daughter is probably watching more tv than she should be as I said its not forever. There are some great apps we use the ipad for like numberjacks and counting/phonics whoch is a great learning activity and something you can do together sat on the couch! Also if it is really bad then go and see your doctor again and see if you can change meds, they can give you something else. I waited till 10 weeks last time before I went to see the doc as I thought he wouldnt give me anything as it wasnt HG but he did give me something and said I should have come to see him sooner! It was making work so difficult and I just sat at my desk all day feeling crap and found it so hard to work! MS hasnt kicked in for me properly this time but I do still have days i feel awful. My husband has some holiday so he said he can take 2 days off a week for a few weeks if it gets bad to help, is that an option for you?

Thanks ladies.

I did end up calling my husband home from work on Thursday as I just couldn't leave the bathroom. He worked from home and watched our daughter on Friday and I'm feeling a little brighter today.

My daughter has been wonderful. On Thursday she ate her breakfast by herself while I threw up, then put her bowl in the sink and brought me Pink Rabbit to the bathroom. Pink Rabbit is her special comforter that she can't sleep without, so it's the most generous thing she could have given me!

I just hope I can continue to feel a little better so we can start having some fun again.

You're not a horrible mom. It may seem like a long time to you (believe me I know because I suffered with HG in 3 of 4 pregnancies) but remember that it is only a temporary state. One day you will feel well enough to play with her again. It is good for children to learn to occupy themselves. It helps them learn imaginative play and your DD is a good age to start teaching it. It sounds like your DD is also a very sensitive and caring child which helps too. If she needs you, she will come to you whether you're on the couch or in bed. I hope you feel better soon. This too shall pass :hugs:

Sending big hugs :hugs: you are in no way a bad mum, the fact your feeling awful about it shows how much you care and love your child. Please don't feel bad and don't be so hard on yourself. Pregnancy is tough x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->