I feel like this baby will be premature.. and I don't know why!

SJDsMommy

1 prince and 1 princess<3
Reaction score
Ok.. so I don't mean to sound all dramatic or anything but I don't get it.. I'm only 9 1/2 weeks and don't even have a reason to feel this way.. but maybe its just a gut feeling? my son was 6 days late (had to be induced due to high blood pressure) my daughter came on her own (water broke at 39 weeks and 3 days) so really don't know why I am feeling this way :shrug: Its not like I have a history of premature births but lately I keep feeling like I should buy a few preemie onesies just in case =/ and find myself looking online and at walmart but when I see them in store I just think.. no way.. the baby can't be THAT small when its born =/ (Granted my kids are born small.. my son was 6 lbs 13 ounces and my daughter 6 lbs 8 ounces.) but I still can't shake the feeling that I should get a couple =/

I know this is odd but has any one else had a feeling like this?

Hi hun

Sounds like standard pregnancy anxiety to me. I'm not saying your gut instinct is wrong - but I've managed to get worked up about 12 week scan, 20 weeks scan - something would be wrong, now baby's growth (I'm a week behind)... Midwife said this week baby might also be breech(!)... I've had a few MCs and sadly it means pregnancy is fraught rather than enjoyable.

If it helps at all, my SIL was convinced my neice was coming early, no reason, just a hunch etc.... she was induced at 2 weeks late!!

Only advice I have is cross every bridge as you come to it, so no, don't buy a premie baby suit "in case" instead believe everything will be fine. Because even if your baby was early, the hospital would always provide something while friends and family sort you out with your own stuff.

You can't control what will happen, but you can control your mindset - so believe everything will be fine unless a doctor tells you otherwise xx

Thanks for the kind words, I just can't shake the feeling.. I know it all sounds like anxiety but I don't feel as if its anxiety though =/ it feels more like intuition if that makes sense..but idk if its intuition that that the baby will in fact be early or that there is/will be a problem =/ don't really know how to explain this feeling.. I just don't think its Anxiety becuse the only thing that has me nervous atm is that I have a subchorionic hemorrhage but its small so probably wouldn't be the cause of premature labor (unless it worsens I guess). My instinct on things like this is almost always right or very close =/ Lets hope this time I'm wrong!

I guess one thing that makes me feel like I may be right about this feeling is that since I was about 5 weeks I keep getting these odd painful contractions.. its usually just one and lasts about 30-60 seconds and then its done.. nothing more after that! in fact its worse than I remember my labors being (but I had pretty easy labors pain wise to be honest). I thought it was braxton hicks at first but then I remembered those really aren't supposed to be painful.. just uncomfortable/annoying but nothing like what I had! I was doubled over and couldn't move or talk, could only breath..So then I thought maybe gas pains but that didn't add up either.. then I thought it was just stretching but its way more of a contracting feeling.. its going in not out (plus I feel the stretching too and whatever this other pain is, its different..) So now I really don't know what to think.. because its happened 3 times so far this week alone =/ like I said when it happens its just once.. and I don't notice any bleeding or anything unusual after that so I don't think its related to my SCH (it didn't happen last pregnancy either and I had a SCH then too..) I remember this exact feeling happening in my first pregnancy at 37 weeks.. but it only happened one time and then never again. If it happens again I think I'll be calling the dr just to be safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->