I feel quite lucky :D

EllaAndLyla

Earth and Angel mummy!
Reaction score
Yesterday I was told that I had to leave my job as they weren't getting enough profit to pay me anymore :( It was an amazing job, I worked in a tattoo studio as the receptionist but it was so much fun!!

BUT today my mum called me asking if I want to work at her place (she works in a mental health drop in centre) as the art & crafts teacher :thumbup: I studied art at college and have recently been thinking about starting a retro kind of buisness from home! The job is only 12 hours a week but pays 8.75 an hour which is a big step up from my other job which was only 6-8 hours a week minimum wage. I am so happy! I love art!

Does anyone know if I take this job (12 hours a week) could I still claim income support and child tax credits? I have no clue! This will only be my second proper job and I don't know much about it all!!

I think you have to work under 16 hours to be able to claim any decent amount of benifits, credits, support etc. X

yeah it's under 16 hours and they just take some money off your benefit i think.

I dont know about the benefits side but well done for getting the job :flow:

Well done you!!

I bet you're well impressed. As the saying goes as one door shuts another door opens!

You'll still get child tax credits :)
I THINK you still get income support if you work under 16 hours BUT if you can't claim it you'll be able to get WTC won't you? x

I was told anything i made would be taken off any benefits i recieved. X

Citizens advice bureau will be able to help x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"