I feel selfish :(

I'm worrying about this too and feel very superficial. But for me i got to a point were i loved my body after 2 babys so close together it was nice to feel like that. It took a lot of effort too. Now only 12 weeks im so bloated and flabby :( i hate it. The only bit of hope is that with my 2nd baby i put on 2 stone but 2 weeks after birth it was all gone.

You don't have to eat heaps and get fat! I honestly don't see any need to gain any more than the weight of the baby etc. I lost weight in both pregnancies, though I was overweight to start with.

Obviously eat well and healthily for the baby and yourself, don't under-eat.

I understand! Before my first I had lost 40lb (college weight!) and was really enjoying the new skinny me...but after a while I has to realize it was the first of many things I was willing to give up for my little man. In the end, I also gave up my sleep, warm meals, sanity....lol.

I gained a fair amount (I think 35lb) but really had no problem losing it. You have to remember the healthy habits you learned to lose that weight in the first place haven't gone away. So once you have your body back to yourself, you can go back to those healthy habits and you'll be fine!

Side note- unlike celebrities, I didn't get my body back for a few months. Between a disasterous breast feeding experience, LO having acid reflux and colic nature, and my postpartum depression, it was about five months before I even gave a hoot how I looked. But we all come around eventually. Just don't stress yourself over a timeframe!

Like another poster said you don't need to eat for 5! Just eat sensibly and you shouldn't gain too much. I'm sure the baby weight will come off after. As you said you lost 50lbs so I'm sure you can do it again. Just enjoy your pregnancy.. I'm sure everyone has worries like I do I'm terrified of getting saggy boobs after bfing lol! I'm quite small with 32g cup :( so you're not alone in this but do eat healthy and make sure baby is getting enough. It's not the time to worry about weight I think I'll embrace it as this summer for once I can go on the beach and not worry about my belly!! x

I completely understand your thought process. I have worked on being very fit for years, and now at close to 12 weeks I already see a lot of changes. I feels like a lot of the work I put into looking the way I did is going away. On the bright side though, I know I can get back to a healthy and sexy body because I have done it before. You lost 50 lbs before, you can do it now. I have only gained a few lbs so far and I know I will gain more. Just focus on eating healthy. Don't always give into every craving you have, or just have a taste. This has helped me so much. Right now I am craving vanilla ice cream and warm berries, but I already know if I have any it will be only about 3 bites.

:hugs: just because you are pregnant doesn't mean you will automatically get fat. If you eat sensibly and only as much as you are hungry rather than just because you can, you will be fine. I only gained 17 lb with my last pregnancy and i was a skinny person to begin with and it was all gone in the hospital. With this pregnancy I may gain more as it's my second child but I don't worry too much. It will all be gone after baby.

Most of preggo weight is extra fluid, extra blood, baby, placenta, boobs...and only 5-7 lb are extra weight that will be burned off very fast if you bf.

Also, 1st tri everyone feels fat because you get really bloated (face too haha!) and bloat doesn't go away till 4th month when baby replaces it. Don't worry, everything will be ok :hugs:

It is natural to worry, you don't have to change portion size, i believe they recommend only 300 calories more which is not much really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->